Ratings for Dr. Lawrence D. Chang

Dr. Chang is very personable and professional. He explained everything about the procedure and recovery process and everything went as expected. I am thrilled with the results and am recommending him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Lawrence Chang is an extraordinary doctor. Not only is he knowledgeable in his field, his natural ability to make you feel comfortable with an uncomfortable diagnosis is uncanny. Dr. Chang allows you, as a patient, to express your concerns without judgement. He has the quality that exemplifies a compassionate doctor. His direct approach forces you to take an inner look at yourself and the role you play in your recovery. He challenges you to keep up with your end of the bargain so you can have the best outcome possible. Dr. Chang is simply AMAZING !!! 2014 patient

Submitted November 6, 2014

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr Chang and his staff were helpful , caring and very professional in my care . I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery and aftercare . I can't say enough about the office staff . They all made an unfortunate situation ( medically neccesary emergency surgery ) as pleasant as anyone could hope for .

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I had breast augmentation with Dr. chang recently and had an excellent experience with both him and his staff. Dr. Chang took the time with me to really make sure I was happy with my decision before moving forward with surgery. He took such great care of me during and after the procedure and was generally interested in how I was doing and how happy I was. I'm very glad that I chose nouveau construct center as the facility for my procedure and will be returning for more since they have a medical spa! Dr. Chang truly had a unique way of approaching his surgery and I would call him an artist! I am very happy with my results and the relationship I have built with him and the staff.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Prior to seeing Dr. Chang an incorrect surgical procedure had been performed on my knee. Fluid was collecting in the knee area and Dr. Chang, understanding the danger, immediately performed the CORRECT surgical procedure. I was impressed with Dr. Chang's knowledge, his concern and taking the necessary steps within a couple of days. The orthopedic practice making the mistake simply told me, "We don't know what to do", and literally left me without any direction for assistance. My GP and a general surgeon recommended Dr. Chang and I am extremely grateful they made a suitable recommendation. I not only was impressed with Dr. Chang; I also include his entire staff. The moment I walked into his office and began talking with him I felt confident I was finally getting the assistance required. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

The first time i saw dr. chang,i waited along time,in waiting room as well in exam room.when he came in he was polite seemed very knowledgeable, and truthfully I was impressed with his credentials.He spent decent amount of time with me.today when i went back for proceedure,removing cyst,and susupicious cancer lesion,I did not think i was in the same office,he was rushed,in and out of the room,and downright RUDE!I will return for stitch removal,but will have to think long and hard about ever going back after that.Pateints do not deserve to be treated beyond poorly!Glad to know in reading other comments,i am not alone.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Chang based on many factors. I feel he is skilled in his surgical abilities and has a good aesthetic perception. He cares about achieving the best results. He is both professional and personable. He asked the right questions and took the time to discuss options for obtaining desired results. He made himself very available for questions and follow up. I had a brow lift, eyelid surgery, face lift, and liposuction, tummy tuck and fat injections in the breast. I am extremely happy with the results and would give him an A to an A+! I look like myself only younger and better:) He has a warm and knowledgeable support staff and team members as well.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I was a cosmetic patient. I had read many reviews on plastic surgeons and went on a different consults to get a feel for the drs and even though dr. Chang was not the highest rating, his cosmetic coordinator, Amy made me feel so completely comfortable and made me feel like I was in good hands. Amy spent more time with me then dr. Chang. He rushed in almost as if I was bothering him, spent approximately 5 minutes explaining more of what he couldn't do for me then what he could do and never asked if I had any questions. In fact, he said Amy would be able to answer any questions I may have. I could tell by the look on her face that she felt bad that he rushed my consult...exactly the comments I heard when asking around about plastic surgeons. A consult that the other drs I had been to spent at least 30 to 45 min in the room with me. It was because of Amy's knowledge and extreme compassion for her patients, I had surgery with Chang. He then sent his PA into discharge me!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I agree with last review, I was just there for ao staff is very nice.but dr chang needs to slow down and take time to listen to patient. Bed side manner I give him a2. No I will not recomemd him

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Dr. Lawrence D. Chang's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1991)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chang is very personable and professional. He explained everything about the procedure and recovery process and everything went as expected. I am thrilled w..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lawrence Chang is an extraordinary doctor. Not only is he knowledgeable in his field, his natural ability to make you feel comfortable with an uncomfortable..."

November 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=32414'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 9, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=32414'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.6

February 5, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 5, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Lawrence" to "Lawrence D."

April 8, 2012