Ratings for Dr. John E. Humiston

I saw Dr Humiston because I live with severe mental illness. I heard he uses the research of Dr Bruce Semon who is a child psychiatrist with a PhD in Clinical Nutrition. Dr Humiston uses a research-based method to treat candida using both an anti-inflammatory diet and antifungal herbs which treat the liver. If you take the time to really become familiar with the information he gives you both in person and in the candida package, so that you can internalize it and apply it, you will be amazed at the results. This protocol is not for the faint of heart. It requires a lot of work to avoid the inflammatory foods, during the treatment. But if you do it, the results are so impressive that there is no denying that this medical hypothesis works. I live with a very treatment resistant severe mental illness for nearly 18 years. After 37 different combinations of meds, more than 100 ECT treatments and more than 30 hospitializations, I was ready to give up. I'm so grateful that I turned away from traditional psychiatry and turned to the research based treatment plan Dr Humiston uses. I will forever be grateful for his knowledge, ability to explain what is going on, and genuine interest in my wellbeing. As someone whose completed graduate-lebel clinical training in psychiatric disorders, the idea that schizophrenia and mood disorders had anything to do with the liver sounded as delusional as my clients. But if you work the protocol Dr Humiston provides, IT WORKS! I am the evidence.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Yes you will have to wait... but he is worth it. My wife, kids and dad have all benefited from his care. We went with with general complaints and he he figured out exactly what was going on and got it solved. Very Grateful. If you're looking for a doc who will journey with you on the road to healing, this is the doc. If you just want a quick fix, probably need to keep looking. As Dr. Humiston said to me, it took you years to get sick, it will take a bit to get you better. It's not an overnight thing. He was right.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I've only had pleasant experience with this compassionate and concerned professional since I first had an appointment with him in approx 2004. The staff at The Center for Health and Wellbeing are great and I'm happy he's with them. Very important as my health went nowhere good at all with previous and mind you prestigious medical experience.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Snake Oil salesman.. that is the feeling you will get when you walk in and then review how he diagnoses you.. holding pills in your arm, as he pushes down with you.. He diagnosed me of having a Throat disease w/o even taking a culture, so I would buy some liquid from him, which ultimately caused more problems. This doctor never once issued a medical test.. Not Once! Even though I had been very sick for years. What is also interesting.. is that he is a candida expert, yet on two different sites, he has Two DIFFERENT stories about how and why he came to learn about candida.. 1st story, his wife had it.. 2nd story, He had it.. oh, and dont' get me started on his magic juice.. yes, that is what he calls it.. He sells dreams, but it is expensive, and can cost you your health - His method of healthcare is highly unethical. at best -- INSURANCE will not cover the majority of treatment.. and he will have you buying a lot from his Non Pharma "pharmacy" - so have cash in hand..

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012