Ratings for Dr. Mayer Adler

If your looking for an ENT with a respect to your time as a patient DO NOT GO TO HIM!! He left me sitting in his waiting room for half an hour with NO OTHER PATIENT in the back with him! I arrived early to fill out new patient paperwork that I knew was going to be necessary. There was no one in the waiting room. I WAS NEXT. He left me sitting there for 30 mins & when I got up to ask for my copay back & voice my opinion, he never came up front to apologize! AVOID this DR if you value your time! I rated HIM as poor but I never got to meet him...but from what I'm now reading its deserved.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I needed an ENT. After checking reviews of local ENT doctor's offices , Dr. Adler seemed to be one of the best possible choices. I called last Wednesday and was offered an appointment n Thursday. I took an appoinment on Monday. Today. The secretary asked for my insurance providers name & phone #. I gave it to her. she put me on hold, and told me they never heard of my insurance company. My insurance provider is a household name. It is not an HMO, but it is a name company that once offered small business & individual health plans. Mine goes back 30 years. I explained this to the woman. I told her that i can see any doctor in the U.S, and that my insurance pays 80%, i pay 20. after a certain yearly plateau, my insurance pays 100%. She said that will be fine then. I offered to provide the policy #, etc, and said,you can call ahead and get clearance. They will approve the visit so you know you will paid. Every doctor's office does this the first time i come in..but she said I should just bring my card. Today, i got to he appointment a little early as i am a new patient and have forms to fill out. The secretary took my insurance card, called some one else, and then told me that they do not take my insurance. I told her this was already discussed and related the conversation. The woman said I;m sorry, and i left without seeing the doctor and getting my issue treated. If you need an ENT and want to go to a doctor that has a competent office, where the staff is not lazy and does their job, i do not think this office meets those minimal requirements. All the staff had to do was their job- call my insurance company and verify that they will pay the doctor's claim. Since i never saw Dr Adler, i can actually only rate his staff and his helpfulness. I explained why i rate his staff as i do. His helpfulness , it is fair to rate as terrible, since he was no help to me. I did take a bus & two trains to get to his office for his office to reuse a appointment for which they would have been paid 100% by my insuranc e co if they only bothered to call them. Hsi satff wasted a day of my life- they are not helping, they are sabotaging...As far as the other two fields, ratings are required to post a review, so i gave three stars, as without knowing, that is a minimally safe assumption.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I had a wonderful experience with dr Adler he helped diagnose and treat a condition which had left several other ents stumped.I am grateful to dr adler for his knowledge kindness and experience as well as taking the time to answer all my questions completely and patiently.highly recommended

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

In addition to not being able to help me with my symptom, the amount he charged was ridiculous. He charged something he did not even perform in my visit. Avoid him in all ways possible.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I had an eardrum hole. Dr. Adler told me that it can be stitched up easely. He did not explain what exactly should be done for that, just said it's very simple surgery. But during procedure, by mistake, he prickled my oval wundow in the ear, since that my hearing is lost. And again, no explanation or excuse, just indifference.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Terrible doctor! I suffer from chronic sinusitis--did not say I should get a precrisiption. I got a CT scan and he took OVER A WEEK to call me back saying that I needed SURGERY and had another serious sinus infection. Picked up CT scan results and he did not even bother explaining what the results meant. I called the staff multiple times saying I was concerned--the only reason he called me back after waiting over a week for the CT scan results is because I called the office 5 TIMES. DO NOT GO!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

I have gone to him a few times and he's good for simple things, but other times I'm not sure if he even understands what the problem is. I went for an ear infection and he looked in and said it doesn't look bad, and that night it turned into a severe painful infection. I thought it wasn't so bad! As others have said he has absolutely no bedside manner at ALL.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Dr Adler is extremly knowledgeable about his field of practice. He also has a great, dry sense of humor. His staff was helpful and attentive in setting up the visit. Overall a great experience!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Honestly, he should reconsider practicing medicine...he gave me the wrong medicine for my inflamed throat. I knew what he was going to prescribe before he gave me the prescription because by his lax demeanor and he did not appear to be concerned about my specific issue. I knew that he would default to the most generic diagnosis possible to avoid critically thinking about an individual patient's condition. And in this case, the most popular broad-spectrum antibiotic he gave me was COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE. Due to this experience, I went to another ENT doctor, and the antibiotic he prescribed me was effective immediately.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Doctor was very helpful in finding and repairing the cause of my nosebleeds. His bedside manner could be better but he makes up for it in his knowledge. His staff was very courteous and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a very good ENT doctor.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Dr. Mayer Adler's Credentials

• Univ Of Toronto, Fac Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1984)