Ratings for Dr. Charles F. Guelakis

Professional, Caring and understanding. Best Dentist/ oral surgeon I've been to. He's been in this field since the 1960's he knows what he is doing. Wonderful Staff!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Guelakis is a brilliant, very personable man and an excellent doctor. I've never felt more at ease seeing an oral specialist for care. My only regret is that I don't live nearby him so I can't return to him to continue being his patient. Over twenty years ago, I had two wisdom teeth growing in horizontally instead of vertically and saw Dr. Guelakis to have the teeth removed. They were out of my mouth before I ever realized he'd begun working; he was that fast and put me -- a rather nervous patient -- that much at ease. I asked him: "So , doc, are you almost ready to pull the teeth, yet? Do you think they'll come out okay?" I couldn't believe it when he told me he was already done and ready to stitch me up. He was that good -- truly amazing! He pulled my teeth on a Friday and called to check on me on Saturday. I happened to have a bad reaction to the pain medication that made me dizzy to the point of nausea. Dr. Guelakis told me to stop taking it and to take an alternative medication instead, and said he'd call to check on me on Sunday. True to his word, he called the next day and I learned I had a rare allergy to the first pain med. The good doctor said he did some research on the original trials for the med back in the '60's and found that some small percentage -- less than 3% -- of the original trial groups had the same negative side effect that I did. That's the kind of person Dr. Guelakis is: one who goes out of his way to give a high level of personal care, even on weekends. That was my one experience with Dr. Guelakis' care and, obviously, it was beyond great because I'm still raving about it over twenty years later. Dr. Guelakis, you're the best!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

He's one of them few doctors left who really care about his patients. Wonderful experience having a tooth removed. So easy and painless.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Excellent competent dentist, wonderful staff. very relaxing atmosphere, Highly highly recommend after many procedures at this office.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

He took out my broken tooth I am going back today with one more. I like him because He gets it done. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I have had very bad experiences in the past when getting a tooth pulled. This place is the best i have ever been to. Staff was polite. Dr guelaks was super friendly and had me laughing the whole time. I highly recomend him

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Guelakis is wonderful, My daughter had wisdom teeth pulled and she was so scared . He put her at ease and made the experience a good one for her. I've had several extractions done and would highly recommend him and his office staff as the most caring and helpful I've dealt with and wouldn't hesitate. Dr. Guelakis follows up personally to make sure you're not in any pain

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

This is the scariest dentist office I have ever been to. And I have been to doctor's offices in 3rd world countries. First, the women at the front desk are beyond rude-I would say belligerent. His dental equipment looks like it is from the 1950's or 60's. Please understand, this in no exaggeration. He did not wear gloves, or a mask and did not practice general sanitary techniques or infection control techniques. Once inside his office, I had the primal urge to run. I would not recommend this practitioner.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

This office staff was excellent, I was very worried but the doctor was sooo funny that he made me feel really comfortable. The staff was also funny. I definitely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Ok, so maybe it's because I'm still all loopy from the nitrous/laughing gas, but Dr. Guelakis and his staff are awesome. I've been worried about having my wisdom teeth removed for a while now, but the staff at Dr. Guelakis' office definitely put me at ease. He actually gave me a prescription for Valium, and they tell you to take 1 the night before so you can sleep, and then 1 the hour before you come in for the procedure. With the Valium, nitrous and the 'cain that they give you, I didn't feel a thing. In fact, the only 'pain' I felt was a tiny little pinch when they gave me the 'cain on the bottom left and right, and then another small pinch when the gave me the shot in the roof of my mouth. Other than that, it was totally pain free - and they kept things light by cracking jokes the entire time. If you're nervous about oral surgery, I would HIGHLY recommend going to see Dr. Guelakis!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012