Ratings for Dr. Abbie L. Courtemanche

This is my third year with Dr. Courtemanche, and I love her more every visit! Both Dr. Courtemanche and Shannon are great providers and I always feel like they are truly concerned about my health. I have only had one sick visit, and I was seen immediately and was given advice and care immediately. I was shocked I got a same-day appointment! This past week I had an appointment for a physical and I didn't even wait for more than 2 minutes. I didn't have a chance to fill out the physical questionnaire or anything. I was shocked. Also, Dr. Courtemanche and Shannon are great with the online portal! My previous doctors were in the stone age, so it's great to be able to write a quick question, or a med checkup online and have her get back to me whenever she can. To address the other commenter's issue with the meet&greet, I was confused too. The first meeting is to introduce yourself to the Doctor and to the nurse (Shannon, who is great). We sit down, discuss any emergency issues and they tell you what to expect for your physical a few months later. The way Dr. Courtemanche explained it was that physicals are generally planned very far in advanced for insurance/timing reasons. The purpose of the meet and greet was to put a face with their names and so I would feel comfortable calling the office if I got sick or needed care before the formal physical. She said that she was my doctor, if I needed her she was there. The meet and greet was probably only a 15 minute appointment, where a full physical could be almost an hour, depending on what you discuss and conditions, etc. Overall, she's the best doctor and nurse combo I've ever had, and I hope she says in the area forever!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Rude staff! I called as a new patient & was told she's booking 9 mos out. I said I don't need a physical I just want to be set up as a new patient. "So you want to see the dr w/o paying or billing to insurance?" I said I'm happy to pay and bill insurance, I just don't need a physical. She transferred me. The new woman said she has never heard of any dr doing a "free meet & greet" there. I said that I just want to be set up as a new patient. I never asked for a free meet & greet. She said I should come in for a new patient exam- exactly what I'd been trying to do! "Will you be seeking narcotics or ADD meds? The dr won't prescribe them." I said no but asked why. "It's just that she's a new dr so she doesn't want to prescribe narcotics." I asked, "Is there another reason? Otherwise that implies a lack of confidence." She snapped back, "You know what? I can't speak for her. If you still want to see her, ask her yourself. You'll still pay a copay and we'll bill your insurance."

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr.C is by far THE BEST doctor I have EVER had in my life. I came to her at the start of my SSDI case and she willingly took me on as my biggest advocate. I am also a recovering pain pill addict because of a broken back I had a few years ago due to a car accident and several doctors in the past kept treating me with pills. With the help of Dr.C, I am no longer on any addicting medications and she still is able treat my back pain in other ways, something other Dr.s never did. Dr.C did something to treat me unlike any other doctor I had seen before. She treated my several medical issues by setting my appts up with each specialist i needed to see, then put everything together as a whole to find the problems and fix them. Other Dr.s just threw pills at me so they didn't have to bother w/ me. But not Dr. C. I highly recommend her for the whole family. She, and her nurse Shannon are caring and compassionate and will take all the time in the world to help EVERY patient, as well as the staff.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Courtemanche and her nurse Shannen are probably the best medical professionals that I have ever dealt with. Dr. Courtemanche takes the time to sit down with me at each appointment and creates a plan for each medical concern that I have. They do a great job of advocating for their patients, including fighting insurance companies when they deny tests, as well as finding and scheduling appointments with specialists for their patients. Both Dr. Courtemanche and Shannen are both readily available to speak on the phone and return calls promptly. The office staff is also very friendly, and it is easy to get a same-day appointment if needed. I highly recommend this practice!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Abbie L. Courtemanche's Credentials

• University Of New England, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Enfield, CT