Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey R. Gunter

Been to this doctor twice over the past 10 years, thinking surely I would have a better experience the 2nd time around. I naively gave him the benefit of the doubt after the first visit, thinking possibly he just had a crappy day, or was actually human and going through a personal tragedy; something, anything to explain his miserable attitude and cutting words. My visits were many years apart, and he was just as big a jerk during the 2nd visit as he was during the first. Seriously, save yourself time, money, and most of all your health.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

This "supposed" doctor treated my Father with the utmost worst service I have ever heard of!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

One of the absolute worst doctors I've EVER been to. Just like everyone else says, he was extremely ARROGANT and RUDE. He takes NO take with his patients whatsoever. Everyone I've spoken to about him says the exact same things. He spent LITERALLY under a minute in the room with me after I waited an hour and a half past my scheduled appointment time. He rushed me so much I wasn't even able to ask any questions before he was already out the door. When I asked the assistant to have him come back in the room because I was dissatisfied and didn't get to ask my questions, she UNHAPPILY left the room to tell him to come back in. He comes back in with a terrible attitude like I was beneath him. I started talking about how I felt rushed and he said "YOU ARE WASTING TIME COMMENTING ON MY BEDSIDE MANNER INSTEAD OF ASKING ANYTHING. YOU DONT HAVE TO LIKE MY BEDSIDE MANNER." And I was taken back by how unapologetically RUDE he was and how belittling he was acting toward me. He then said I seemed like I was "just an UNHAPPY PERSON" and that he "wasn't the problem." Do NOT fall into the trap of thinking he is the only dermatologist in the antelope valley! There are other dermatologists who will actually treat you with the respect you deserve as not only patient but a PERSON. Dr. Gunter is horrible!!!!!!!!!

Submitted February 29, 2016

This jerk spent about four minutes with me after I had waited over an hour to see him. I tried to ask him a few questions until he cut me off and told me I was neurotic. Not kidding. Before I could tell him off, he left after tossing a prescription at me. You can tell he must be a real treat to work with because his assistants won't make eye contact with the guy. Luckily, the Internet, by way of these rating sites, reveals how big of a jerk he is to so many other patients and how the "healthcare" he provides essentially amounts to a racket.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

never notified of results of biopsy, history of melanoma and never looked on scalp or removed socks to look at feet, not going back, waste of my money,,,325 $ one visit

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Never got to see him! Made appointment, upon arrival had to write a $40 check to "Dr. Gunter" rather than to "Waco Dermatology," then waited for 45 minutes in a cold room clad in just a paper gown. At last a nurse practitioner appeared, never introduced herself, spent about 5 minutes on a questionable diagnosis without examining more than the lesions on one of my legs leg. Later that day I had an appointment with my gastro-entorologist whose nurse immediately offered a different diagnosis than the one I had received in Dr. Gunter's place. When the doctor himself came in and saw my skin problems, he suggested I should see a different dermatologist based on my experience and because Gunter's reputation among medical professionals in this town is apparently terrible. I am still scheduled for a follow-up visit, but expect to have changed doctors by then.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

This guy is the reason why medical malpractice suits exist. Didn't even bother to take five seconds to give eye contact or acknowledge that another human being was in the room. I went for mole removals that were pre-cancerous. He seemed clueless on how to treat. He quicly decided to excise them, drew a crooked purple football shape around the moles, told a nurse to numb me up, left and never returned to my room. After an hour being numb, and worried the lidocaine was wearing off, I sent my husband for help. This seemed to irritate the grand doctor and he began being belligerent to my husband and then me. I think he was not competent enough to perform the procedures and was stalling for time. His attitude towards us made me realize he should not be allowed anywhere near my body with a sharp instrument so I left abruptly and immediately filed a complaint with the CA Medical Board. Something needs to be done. He is dangerous and completely ill-suited for this type of work.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

My first visit for a full body check should have been a warning sign of how he rushes. I was told to strip and stand up so he could look with my arms out. Very humiliating. He did two biopsies, one I asked him to do came out to be pre cancer, the one he chose was a freckle. I went back for the pre cancer and had two biopsies done, then he wanted to freeze the area. Of course I paid for each visit and waited at least an hour each time. After he froze the area it never blistered, scabbed or sluffed off any skin. Well after sitting and waiting for an hour and 45 minutes I asked him to redo without charging me He said he doesn't treat for free. I said I don't expect free treatment except his prior treatment failed and it should be redone without charging me. He did not care and repeated he doesn't treat for free. This to me is a Dr. who only cares about money, not the patient or their time. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. He was extremely rude and could care less.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I like Dr Gunter. The staff has always treated me respectfully and call to remind me of my appt. Yes the waiting room is full but patients move in and out quickly. There is a big TV an things to read. I asked several questions and got alot of information. He is a nice man and is at the top of his game. BUSY because he is good. My issue required surgery and special stitches. It looks very nice now. I have tried other derms nearby and more than once (3 times in fact)I took time off work to go there. They could not find my records...3 times! so the visit was a waste. When I finally did have MOHS surgery...I was put out in the building hall to wait with an open wound on my face. I complained to Blue Cross and they did not pay them. Neither did I. Remember, if Dr Gunter makes people so unhappy then he would not have the volume of patients coming in. Just unerstand he is not a chatty type person. ASK questions when he addresses you. If you don't then he will leave ...

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Forgotten in exam room for 45 minutes. Took 3 weeks to get any results on a perscription approval from insurance company. Staff is unprofessional, doctor spends very minimal time with patient.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey R. Gunter's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)