Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Jannetta

I had surgery in 2007 for TN and also Hemi-facial Spasms. While it was not the most pleasant recovery, I knew what to expect as I had done considerable research prior to having the surgery. Dr. Janetta was so caring and answered all my questions to the fullest - even the stupid ones. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has these issues.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

NO surgery is w/o risks. Some are known in advance, some are not. Anyone who says/believes otherwise is a fool. One must do a risk/benefit analysis before allowing anyone to cut on them. Things go wrong during surgeries even if the doctor is the best. I can say, with 100% certainty that difficulty swallowing is not unheard of in TGN patients before any surgical intervention so difficulty after surgery may or may not be a result of a MVD. How do I know? Been there, done that. I "choked" frequently before the surgery and choke regularly after the surgery. 11 surgeries, including MVD with no relief and now hard of hearing in my left ear. I don't hold any of the doctor's responsible for my problems.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

My mother had TN for 20 years and she had the MVD surgery in Pittsburgh last May with Dr. Jannetta and his team Dr. Sekula. I am so happy that we went to Dr. Jannetta and his staff because my mom is pain free after 20 years. Dr. Jannetta and Dr. Sekula were great and I would refer them to everyone with TN.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Two MVDs - 05 & 07. Significant reduction in pain and reliance on life altering drugs. There's a reason they call TN the suicide disease. No jury can provide a remedy. A brilliant surgeon is the court of last resort.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

you'd be crazy not to listen to the bad remarks about this doctor. He paralyzed my face and swallowing in 2007 after telling me there were no such risk of this with MVD. (he said maybe Bell's Palsy which would resolve. 15 months later...face still paralyzed and choke on foods. Suing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

very helpful return my phone calls personaly when i had concerns

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

After having Mvd in 2000: 6months later I needed another Mvd because damage done in 1st surgery caused more pain and I was falling over because of short backouts. Second operation caused major swallowing problems causing me to only being able to swallow thick liquids for over 2 years and I'm still eating only soft foods--Very Slowly.He suddenly became unavailable causing me to find other doctors to help me. Oh, by the way THE PAIN IS BACK!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

Dr. Jannetta is one of the most wonderful doctors on the planet. He is compassionate and incredibly skilled surgically. You would be wise to ignore any of the negative comments.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2006

This doctor lied to me about the risk of facial paralysis as a known "major and common" complication of the "Jannetta Procedure" or MVD. The Pa. Superior Court called his testimony re risks perjurious. "We have little difficulty in concluding that Dr. Jannetta's testimony at deposition ("major and common complication") was different than, or inconsistent with, the testimony at trial.("unknown complication."). Levy v Jannetta, CCP Allegheny County, GD 81-7689; appeal -J. A370017/92 Levy v Jannetta et al, No. 00150 Pittsburgh, 1992. settled, 1995. He also acknowledges in his biography that he permits 'ghost surgery', i.e. residents, to operate on his patients while he is out of the hospital.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2006

Dr. Peter J. Jannetta's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1957)