Ratings for Dr. Nah Yong Moon

I have Kaiser Permanente and was assigned to Dr. Moon for a tubal ligation. I was very nervous about the procedure but Dr. Moon was there for me from start to finish. I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Moon. She made me feel comfortable, took her time to explain the procedure and answered my many questions thoroughly. One the day of surgery, she even took the time to talked to my mom and explain everything. While going into the OR, she was comforting. I felt very comfortable with her and trusted her 100%. I would highly recommend Dr. Moon and feel blessed that she was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

This is my first pregnancy and I saw Dr. Moon at my 8 weeks mark. She was extremely nice. She was very informative and making sure the baby is doing good, measuring correctly, placenta is in good location, etc through the Ultrasound. She addressed all my questions except for two I have with the initial questionnaire I filled out. She later called me and apologized for missing the two other questions I had. I tried getting to see her again, but she was completely filled up. Not until I reached my 8 months to 9 months mark, I was only then able to get in two final appointments with her. I have addressed some of my concern and she listened. I mentioned to her that I wanted C-section and she of course gave me the pros and cons and wanted to make sure this is what I wanted. She even told me she will support my decision no matter what. I decided on an elective C-section and she went ahead to make sure she scheduled me in so she can perform the operation herself. I am not sure why others are not happy with Dr. Moon. She is one of the best OBGYN I've ever met and I am so happy to have her in the Operation room to help deliver my baby at Palomar Center at the new location.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Moon seems friendly enough but she doesn't listen when I tell her things. When I was 8 months pregnant I told her I had abdominal pains, she didn't even address that concern. When I told her what a horrible experience my first delivery was (excessive bleeding and baby in the NICU), her response was "hopefully this time is better". I expressed concern on two different occasions that I m not receiving enough appointments (I am currently 9 months pregnant and my appts are 3 weeks apart!), she said don't worry about it. Then on my last appointment I sat in the room for 45 minutes wearing a paper robe waiting to be seen. I think the staff had gone out to lunch and forgot about me, NOBODY was in the hallways and I couldn't find anyone. I finally gave up and left.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Dr. Moon is a good doctor but unfortunately she is just too clinical. I intially went to Dr. Moon because I wanted a doctor that delivered at Palomar Hospital. When we started to notice problems with the pregnancy (no heartbeat) she just kept asking at each appointment "Is this a wanted pregnancy?". Like my husband and I were unwed teens or something. It was like she wanted us to have a D&C the second something didn't go according to her plan. Her nurse was wonderful and the office staff was good. My husband and I just needed a doctor with a little more compasion. She is a nice person but not everything in medicine is black and white.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011