Ratings for Dr. Paul A. Bednarzyk

While a seem to be down to earth Dr. I do have some doubts. Being I do have a heart issue that needs to be closely mointored . ( open heart surgey in past) I have found this Doctor to go against all those that have treated me prior.My last visit that I saw him was a set of vitals and a listen to my heart with his scope. I did realy the issuses of shortness of breath and pain that was not questioned by the Doctor.Also I have never been to a heart doctor with out an E K G other than this one. He gave me an app. To see him in six months. My primary has done more for me including E K G when called for. I will look for 2nd oppinion.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Great physician and staff. He takes the time to listen to you and help you in the best way possible. He is very caring.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

How anyone can rate Dr. Bednarzyk and any of his staff as other than excellent, I don't know. I have never met such a caring doctor and his staff is equally caring. I tell everyone, if they have a heart problem, he is the way to go, as he takes his time with you, and even walks you how? How often have you ever had a doctor do that? When I had my Cardio Tee, the staff at St. Vincent's were also excellent and thought very highly of Dr. Bednarzyk....I will never have another heart dr...

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Was referred by another doctor due to the symptoms that I was having. An EKG was done but was done at the other physician as well. I realize that he is a specialist to the heart and the other doctor was a general physician. I lost a younger brother at age 17 to what they believe we're heart related issues. When this was being told to him he was like so. A family member was there with me and they asked a question and he was completely rude to them. I agree with the other reviews on here and do yourself a favor and stay clear of this guy.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

appointment for possible artery problem. never examined me,referred on numerous ocassions to the supplements i was taking as crap. wanted me to take a blood pressure medication when i told him my average blood pressure was 135/75. also wanted me to take a cholesteral medication to bring my LDL down to 70. In addtion he wanted me do do a 3.5 hr stress test at the facility in which he appeared to be a principle. I did not take his advice and got a second opinion from a cardiologist who examined me, discussed my history for one hour, gave me a non-nuclear stress test which did not identify any problems, and did not prescribe any medications. overall dr bednarzyk was rude, arrogant, and generally unpleasant to deal with. I am 79 yrs old

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009

Dr. Bednarzyk was my cardiologist in Florida, and one of the best in his field. He knew what was happening and treated me with respect the whole time. If I still lived there, I'd still be going to see him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I'm a nurse at St. Vincents in the coronary care unit. Dr. Bednarzyk is an excellent diagnostic cardiologist. He's always taken the time with my patients to explain things and be very caring. I'm surprised to have seen a negative rating for him.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

It's scary to go to a cardiologist knowing you have a health problem, it's even scarier to get a doctor who doesn't seem to care and seems to be going through the motions. This doctor is not pro-patient. Do yourself a favor and skip this guy.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2006

Dr. Paul A. Bednarzyk's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal