Ratings for Dr. Gregory Helm

I have had three different surgeries from Doctor Gregory Helm's. I find him to be one of the most competent physicians I know. I had some additional pain after one of my surgeries and found him to be very responsive and understanding. He always keeps appointments and has suggested waiting on some surgeries event to the point that we have avoided a surgery. In my opinion he preforms surgery as a last resort which I am grateful. His staff and team deserve a 10 out of 10.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

This Doctor spends time, listens, and talks to you. Trust level absolute, and all around good person. This Doctor is a KEEPER.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr. Helm gave me my life back and I will always be grateful for his help. Too bad I didn't get to him sooner as I may have been pain free the rest of my life but unfortunately after 3 other surgeries he had a difficult task but at least I can walk again. Hopefully I will meet a neuron-surgeon in TN that can help me at least with the pain. Thank you Dr.Helm. Gloria Hayes

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Helm performed a L4/L5 microdiscectomy on me in Oct,2009. I was in real bad shape before the surgery and the difference was like night and day. I practically gave me my life back. I am particularly grateful to him for scheduling my surgery the on the day after my first meeting with him. It was because he had a cancellation the next day although my wife thinks it was because he saw my poor condition (I couldn't even stand straight) and squeezed me in. Either way, I am really glad he did that. 6 weeks after the surgery I feel as if nothing ever happened to me. I live in Sterling, VA and Charlottesville is 3 hours away, but if I needed advise on my back, I'd go back to Dr. Helm. His assistant, Kim Skinner is also very helpful and usually replies your email within 4 hours. Overall, I highly recommend Dr. Helm for any kind of spine/back issue. The UVA hospital is also a terrific facility with a very attentive and caring staff. I couldn't be more satisfied.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr. Gregory Helm's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charlottesville, VA