Dr. Benjamin T. Bjerke

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Benjamin T. Bjerke

I had a 3 level Fusion by Dr. Bjerke in late October and was skiing easy runs by late December. I feel great and he was excellent in both care and communication.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Dr Bjerke is remarkable not only for his medical skills, at which he is remarkable - he did spinal surgery on me Nov 01 and had me out walking around the block 2 days later. I there was any related pain it was covered up with pain killer 24 hrs post surgery. Since the no pain and walking a couple of miles day. I was most impressed by his whole team for they reflect all of his values - not always an easy thing to achieve. I report a great outcome for what I thought would be a very serious undertaking. Bruce

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

I found Dr. Bjerke after suffering with low back pain and sciatica pain for many, many years. Dr. B took one look at my xrays and told me he could fix me so there would be no more pain. I had spinal fusion surgery in late October and within weeks was walking erect with NO PAIN! Never felt better. I highly recommend this talented young surgeon. He truly is a miracle worker! In addition to his surgical skills, he has the best bedside manner ever. He listens and he cares about his patients. GB

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

I had been having back and leg problems for years. It finally got bad enough that I was unable to walk more than a block. I went to Dr Bjerke the Boulder Orthopedic center and had major back surgery. He cleaned up some problems with an older surgery also. I knew as soon as I woke up that everything was going to be fine. It has been 4 weeks and I have much more flexibility and all the pain is gone from my back and legs. I would recommend Dr Bjerke to anyone who needs spinal surgery. I am totally happy with my results.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

Staff was very professional and knowledgeable. My operation was successful with immediate pain relief and no post op problems.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

I saw Dr. Bjerke when he first joined Boulder Centre for Orthopedics after experiencing lower back pain for several years. Dr. Bjerke diagnosed my problem as a herniated disc. He was able to explain all of my options to me and what the surgery would entail. Throughout the entire process leading up to my surgery Dr. Bjerke answered any questions or concerns that I had. The recovery from the surgery went very well and just as Dr. Bjerke had described. After 6 weeks I was pain free and able to do many things that I had not been able to do in years. I highly recommend Dr. Bjerke.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Contrary to another surgeon's plan to access my spine through my belly, Dr. Ben inserted a disc through my left side. He cut the procedure time in half. Now 6 weeks later, I'm totally pain free, standing straight, and walking normally again. He's caring, attentive, accessible, and skillful. Plain fantastic!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

The Best Surgeon!!! Who, at the time of an emergency situation, qualified with my concerns to do this task, with with the best credentials, , also has a bedside manner, takes his time, regardless of how busy his day might become or might be at the time.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Dr. Bjerke is highly skilled. I liked him from the first visit because he was kind and seemed very sincere. As tests were completed, he didn't talk down to me, but showed me the exact problem on the CT scan and MRI. I was reluctant to have a third spinal surgery, but I had every confidence that he would be able to help me. Because of his skills, recovery was much faster than my previous surgeries with another surgeon. I am now 8 weeks out from spinal fusion surgery and doing very well. I still have a bit of pain when standing and walking, but it should get better with time. I feel better than I have in 5 years. I can't say enough good things about my care and I'm very grateful to him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

I had a slipped vertebrae that was causing severe pain in back and buttocks, and periodic numbness in my leg and foot. I'd had this condition for many years (I am 76) and PT did not help. My GP recommended ROC and I was "assigned" Dr. Bjerke. To my everlasting gratitude, he turned out to have an early surgical spot, performed a spinal fusion and cleaned out my stenosis. When I woke from surgery my nerve pain was gone. Completely. I am healing quickly, working in my garden, and am so thankful that I met Dr. Bjerke. Reno has been lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Dr. Benjamin T. Bjerke's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bjerke completed a combined Neurosurgical and Orthopedic Spine Surgery Fellowship with world-renowned Mayo Clinic. He is pleased to offer the most modern comprehensive spine care with a focus on individualized medicine and patient safety. ​Only when surgery is necessary, his goal is to provide an individualized plan of care for each patient. This means providing the safest and minimally-invasive procedure that has proven to be effective. Dr. Bjerke is proficient with the most modern advancements in spine care, including minimal access surgery techniques, stereotactic computer-aided navigation, intra-operative neuromonitoring, and motion-preserving procedures when appropriate. Dr. Bjerke understands that each patient's goals and expectations are unique, and his goal is always to maximize function while making the recovery process as manageable as possible. Dr. Bjerke received his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, and completed his orthopaedic residency at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, NY. Dr. Bjerke specializes in providing the most modern minimally invasive and motion-preserving spine surgery techniques, and in providing individualized care to every patient. Dr. Bjerke is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and AOSpine.​

• Spanish