Ratings for Dr. Kolin Hoff

Dr. Hoff moved to Boston but is not currently practicing medicine. His wife is working up there and he is enjoying life as Mr. Mom. I was a patient of his and have not been assigned a new doctor and as far as I know they have not replaced him. Is anyone out there a former patient of Dr. Hoff and have you been assigned a new doctor at HUP?

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Does anyone know where Dr. Hoff moved to? He is no longer at Penn.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

To the person who said that they Dr.Hoff and are a doctor themselves, well I just want to point out that my first cousin's best friend went to Dr.Hoff and she said her thyroid was enlarged and she has two thyroid nodules,yet he *never* even felt her neck to exaimine it! And she said for a doctor especially an endocrinologist to be so obese tells us a lot!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

After seeing many other doctors who brushed off my many symptoms, Dr. Hoff was wonderful. Looked at my results and knew right away what was wrong. He took the time to check all the information I brought, ask questions, did further testing and diagnosed me right away on my first visit, where others didn't see a problem. The staff was wonderful and so friendly also. I felt very comfortable on my first visit.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I have known Dr. Hoff for quite some time now. As a Doc myself it is always a shame that some people try to tell the expert how to do his job! Would you go to a Restaurant and tell them how to prepare your food?! Even reading certain articles doesn't make you an expert. Medicine is a lot about experience and forutnately thyroid cancer is fairly rare compared to the percentage of people having nodules in their thyroid...

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr. Hoff has been treating my thyroid cancer. He is a very nice doctor and will take time to explain and listen to you. I have never gotten the feeling of being rushed. He also referred me to a great surgeon for my thyroid.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Dr. Hoff is not a nice doctor in my opinion. I have had thyroid cancer and a reoccurence of thyroid cancer. I asked a few questions and he actually googled the answers in front of me!! Not a good sign if he had to google, he is a doctor. I admit he was friendly at first, and after that he acted like a know it all. He is fairly young to be having the GOD COMPLEX. The office girls are rude and hurtful. I would not recommend him to anyone. He needs to work on his attitude and his ego and before he gives any advice about weight management with a thyroid problem he needs to look in the mirror. Thyroid problems cause weight gain, whats his excuse?

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I went to him first in 1/07 for 3 small thyroid nodules that were found by accident 3 months before I ever saw him. He was nice at first but then he really wasn't very understanding of my understandable fears & concerns about the possibility that I have thyroid cancer.My nodules have several ultrasound features that even the top thyroid cancer specialist who, woks in his office, Dr.Susan Mandel has written about as common thyroid cancer features. The American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists in their major 2006 Task Force On Thyroid Nodules, lists taller than wide shape as a typical thyroid cancer feature as do other well known endos. But Dr.Hoff kept insisting it's outdated! He also kept insisting that my largest nodule at 1cm was so deeply embedded in my thyroid that he couldn't biopsy it because he would have to go through a lot of benign tissue to

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

I had Thyroid Cancer for 2 years amd went to my "neighborhood endo"(who I loved also.) I got the feeling that my endo was overwhelmed with my case and the fact that it was not going away. After meeting with Dr. Hoff, I felt completely at ease with my diagnosis and the fact that all of my future care will be the best that I can possibly get. It was the first appt that I have had that I did not cry at. I would highly recommend him and the University of PA hospital in general to anyone with persistent disease.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Dr. Kolin Hoff's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)