Ratings for Dr. Howard Gogel

I was in the hospital, and I found him to be rude, snappy, mean, to the point of abusive. He didn't listen to me, treated me like I didn't matter, and when it came down to it, he gave up trying to figure out what was wrong with me fairly quickly. I was in an intense amount of pain, and he just made the whole experience worse. My admitting doctor suggested that I see him on an outpatient basis, and his assistant was just as rude and abusive as he was. She lied to me and told me that I couldn't see another doctor in their office without getting a referal from my doctor when he was the one who contacted them in the first place and he didn't care who I saw, plus my insurance doesn't require that I have a referal at all. I would NEVER see him again!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

I received timely and excellent care in the new offices and during my procedure. they also gave me a followup call to make sure I was okay

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

I made an appointment in Feb, 06. Had to wait until end of April o6 to get in. The Doctor sent me for a lab test without any instructions or necessary forms. But when I arrived at the Lab they said I needed the forms to get the work done. I called several times to see about picking up the paperwork by they never returned my calls. His assistants would call days later and were always rude and had poor language skills (I had great difficulty understanding what they were saying). I never heard back from his nurse. More days went by and often no one would even answer the phone during office hours. They were very uncoordinated and the place looked like it was mismanaged. My paperwork was found later on.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2006

Dr. Howard Gogel's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

MSP/BC Med