Dr. Michael Zenn

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael Zenn

So, back in 2004, I went to Dr Zenn from a recommendation from another doctor. I was a little nervous because I am African American and looking for a facial procedure. I had been advised that I needed cheek implants. I was greatly relieved after my consult. Dr Zenn was extremely knowledgable , professional, and he and his staff were very kind and helpful. I had the surgery and everything went great!! There is not enough room here to explain how well I was taken care of before, during, and AFTER my surgery. What I do want to emphasize was my outcome. I went back to work 10 days after my surgery and nobody knew I had surgery. A good friend told me something to the effect of "I can tell you got some rest on your vacation, maybe he should take some time off too." My barber whom I have known for years said "that hair cut I gave you makes you look so much younger". My cousin thought I had started working out again. People didn't know I had anything done--just that I looked better--and that was very important to me. Dr Zenn is truly an artist. My outcome was very subtle, suitable, and appropriate. I was --and am still--very happy . That was 13 years ago. I am now 59 years old and I am considering having something done to freshen myself up. I am active, and want to be (and look) my best self. I would not consider anybody except Dr Zenn. He is the best, (his reputation and awards have only increased since I had my surgery) and I feel we are lucky to have someone of his skill and stature in this area. If you want the best, most natural outcome (this was my FACE!!) go to him. You won't be sorry. He knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

LOVE HIM!! Dr. Is the most caring dr I have ever been to. When I found out I was going to have to have a mastectomy, I decided, "well, if it HAS to be, I want the BEST dr because if I'm going to do it, I them to be perfect. Spectacular!" Researching across the United States landed me at Dr. Zenn's door. He is not just a plastic surgeon, but also a vascular (micro) surgical pioneer. It was a good thing because he was able to do the impossible. What other Drs could/would not do, Dr. Zenn accomplished brilliantly. He always listens and is kind (stern when needed) and commands the respect of those who work with him. He put my worried younger children at ease when they accompanied me. Dr. Zenn is the "IT" doctor! He is truly an artist! Now, I can go and be "SPECTACULAR!!" :-)

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I LOVE Dr Zenn. I had read some of the reviews and was sceptical, but reviewed his curriculum vitae and chose his strictly for his medical qualifications. In the initial meeting, Dr Zenn was reserved yet very professional. He outlined what was realistically possible for me (breast reconstruction) and what to expect. He was, and continues to be very straight forward. He addressed, and included, both myself and my partner. Since then, and post surgery, Dr. Zenn has been SO WONDERFUL. He is always on schedule, which I love because I drive 3 hours to see him.I have brought my children with me and he was so wonderful to them that my 10 yr old has decided to become a Dr and is now FINALLY getting her homework done without a struggle. He knows that and never fails to ask about her and send her an encouraging message. I love everything about my breasts and the man who "built" them. I did have to quit smoking, he won't work on smokers as it inhibits healing and he is definitely a perfectionist!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I had a consultation with Dr. Zenn on the day that I met my breast cancer team. When you are diagnosed with breast cancer, it would be nice to feel that you will at least look normal one day. Dr. Zenn crushed my spirit by telling me that he would not consider working on me because I was too fat and my medical history. I went to another plastic surgeon for a consult (he worked on a lady who I met in the Duke waiting room who had been in remission for 12 years) and it was a totally different experience. He thoughtfully went through my options. Before going for reconstruction, I would recommend visting a local breast cancer support people and you will hear how this man has not had only successes with reconstruction. Additionally, there is no way to find out how many active lawsuits are being persued either. it made me realize that it takes a lot of effort to have a terrible bedside manner like Zenn and not sure what comes first, the lawsuits or the bad attitude.

Submitted August 23, 2013

Around 2003. Had brow-lift, eyelid and under eye procedure, and later, chin implant and slight nose shaping done by Dr. Zinn. Stayed very well. Going to see him for consult and follow up in another month. written end of May 2013. Good job to stay so long.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Very arrogant. Requested a brow lift. Did not evaluate me only offered me botox which I did not want . Dr. Zenn said if I did not do Botox-I would not be considered for surgery. Botox is not necessary for a brow lift evaluation. He made inappropriate comments about my face in the presence of my husband-my wrinkles look like a piece of furniture has been on my face for 125 years-very flip

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

I've dealt with numerous doctors throughoutmy ordeal with cancer, and I would recommend Dr. Zenn to women considering breast reconstruction. I'm very pleased with my results. He tends to get "nicer" once you become his official patient vs. a consult.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

In my opinion,Zenn Plastic Surgery is a 5 star,stand out practice in Duke's highly regarded medical community. From the initial consultation when he confidently explained my options, to my beautiful results today, his outstanding intelligence, skill and kindness has made my journey much easier and a big success! All credit goes to Dr.Zenn and his excellent staff!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

I would recconmend Dr. Zenn to anyone who needs a procedure. He completed my masectomy/breast reconstruction surgery and I have to say that I am 100000% happy with his art. I am glad that I did my homework and decided to choose him to do my microsurgey. He is a very kind, loving person that is above the norm in the human race.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

I also saw Dr. Zenn for reconstruction after breast cancer and thought he was wonderful. He and his staff were very easy to talk to and helpful in guiding me through the options.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Michael Zenn's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Michael R. Zenn is a plastic surgeon in Durham, North Carolina. He attended medical school at Cornell University Medical College, followed by a five-year general surgery residency at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City. He then completed a two-year plastic surgery residency at Harvard's Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston followed by the prestigious fellowship in facial and breast surgery at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. He is board certified in Plastic Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Zenn began his career in 1995 as an Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, There, he worked in conjunction with the Lineberger Cancer Center to offer state-of-the art cancer reconstruction. In 2000, he was recruited to the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Duke University Medical Center where he held many titles, most recently Full Professor with Tenure and Vice Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery. His practice at Duke included reconstruction of the face, breast, and body due to cancer, trauma, and birth defects. Throughout, he maintained a busy cosmetic surgery practice focusing on rejuvenation of the face, breasts, and body. Dr. Zenn is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Association of Plastic Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, the American Medical Association, the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery, the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery, and is Past President of the North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgery. As of January 1, 2017, Dr. Zenn is a partner in private practice at CARE Plastic Surgery. He currently sees patients in the CARE office at 2001 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC.

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Cary, NC