Ratings for Dr. Roger G. Pollock

It is interesting that some reviews suggest that Dr. Pollock is terrific and many others say he has very poor bedside manner. Unfortunately, I have to agree that this doctor, while knowledgeable in his field, shows little care or concern for me as a patient. He is confident of his diagnosis, and he did not take seriously my concerns about signs related to my condition. He was dismissive of my questions and my request to exam my shoulder further to gain more data about my condition. This was my second visit, and I was hoping his attitude would be better. It was not, and I will not be returning to his office.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

4 th doc I was too only one that did anything that helped (surgery) right shoulder is pain free and 100% mobility and range of motion.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

REPAIRED MY SHOULDER AND PRESCRIBED ADEQUATE THERAPY TO SUPPORT THE INJURY. THOROUGH , PROFESSIONAL THERAPY

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

There is something to be said about a doctor who has a good bedside manner. He is not one of them! He is curt and doesn't like spending any time to fully discuss your ailment. With that said and to be fair, he knows his stuff. I happen to believe there are many doctors out there who know their stuff and are good with their patients. I would go elsewhere and seek a doctor with a personality.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

I met with Dr. Pollack this week regarding my shoulder. He was a true professional, taking the time to understand the history of my shoulder problem. He was straight-forward and honest about not wanting to perform a shoulder replacement on someone my age (43). However, he stated there was no real alternative (which I think I already knew, but needed confirmation). I will be scheduling my shoulder replacement with him next week.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Pollock is the best! He repaired my shoulder (torn rotator cuff) and I full range mobility. He is caring, and a very nice person. His staff were excellent as well. I was just looking for his phone number when I found this website because I think I have to go back for the OTHER shoulder.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Dr. Pollock was very knowledgable about my shoulder condition and his surgical skills were impeccable. The problem is, is that he has no bed side manner and gets annoyed with questions that are asked. On more than one occasion I have left his office completely annoyed with the rude and abrupt manner he treated me with. If I did not have such a serious and complicated shoulder condition, I would never choose him for my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

I had a great deal of respect for this Doctor, until my requests for furhter testing, after a failed operation were ignored. I followed his instructions exactly as given, but had a very poor surgical outcome. Don't expect help from this Doctor if things do not go well with your surgery. He will string you along, and dump you in the end. Very poor compassion for the patient's suffering and pain. Probably a good Doctor if things go well, but totally not interested when problems arise. Don't expect follow up support- I did not get it. Very, very dissapointed in him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

Rude, abrupt and unsympathetic to my persistent shoulder pain. He appears to be irritated by any questions I asked, especially when reviewing the MRI report I brought with me from the radiologist. After my third visit, with still no relief from my pain and his blantant disregard for my well being, I am actively seeking a second opinion. EXTREMELY poor communication and patient skills.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Staff courteous and helpful, in person and on phone. Waiting time never exceeded 5 minutes. Dr. Pollock was courteous and very knowledgeable; he explained the treatment (surgery) for my shoulder problem (torn rotator cuff and bone spur). I appreciated being given enough information to make an informed decision ; I had the surgery. Very satisfied with the results. Very pleased with all aspects of the hospital (Valley Hospital in Ridgewood) stay (overnight); excellent pain management and care. Post-operative care by Dr. Pollock and his staff was excellent. He gave me specific exercises to do at home for twelve weeks before starting physical therapy. After 5 months, I have almost complete range of motion in the shoulder and I'm looking forward to playing golf again later this summer.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2009

Dr. Roger G. Pollock's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1985)

AHC