Ratings for Dr. Michael Fiocco

Dr. Fiocco is an excellent, empathetic surgeon. Loved how he is always calm and clear during surgery. Great with patients. Very appreciative of staff. I loved working with him. Sad that I had to move on to another adventure.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

On May 7, 2007, I had five bypass surgery because I was told that I would die if I didn't. And so I did. Four months after surgery, the chest pains returned. I went back to the hospital and asked the "good" doctor why. He said he didn't know, that I needed to return for more tests!! What then, doctor, will you split my chest open again? He responded: "if you can live with the pain, then so can I!" I wrote to the Physicians Board. They responded by saying that these people were reputable doctors. They made their suggestions and I chose not to follow them. My Dad always said that the hallmark of insanity was to keep doing the same stupid thing over and over. I have been following the suggestions of cardiologists for some ten years now, to no avail. I still have the chest pains, even with all the medicines and procedures and surgery! As he suggested, I'm still living with the pain. Why didn't he suggest that BEFORE the surgery?

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

I had a open heart Mitral valve repair on November 7th 2007. Dr. Fiocco was owesome. He is highly recommended by the entire Union Memorial staff. The nurses had nothing but good things to say about him. My entire experience was excellent.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

After surgery was performed a michanical dehiscence took place with no evidence of infection. patient was weighed in a type of harness sling from the bedside which crushed the sternum which led to patients death. the doctor was not helpful in giving answers to what could have prevented this. He said age and health had a lot to do with it.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2006