Ratings for Dr. Joseph F. Sobanko

Dr. Sobanko gave me a hyperkeratotic scarring during my scar revision and my scar is worse. He would not diagnose this scar or help to fix this scar. He even had me come to the office for an appointment just to talk and tell me to put make-up over it. I can not put make-up over a hyperkeratotic scar because it looks crusty because it is a hyperkeratotic scar meaning the skin was thicken and developed crust. He would not help me to find another doctor to correct this horrible scar he created and he would not fix this scar but tell me he did a good job when all my friends ask me what happen, who is the doctor that did this to you . Lastly he admitted to scar did not look good and try to tell me it was satisfactory and that was okay, that is was not good. When he saw blackhead on the wound, Dr. Sobanko start to take them away then stopped and whisper "this is a pain."

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I have been suffering from Erythema dyschromicum perstans (EDP) skin condition since last 4 years. Upon recommendation of another dermatologist at UPenn, I made an appointment with Dr. Joseph Sobanko for a laser treatment that can lighten my pigmentation. I am very glad that I reached out to Dr. Sobanko for help. He is very professional, skillful and possesses naturally pleasing personality. He always took out time to explain all pros and cons of the procedure/settings he was using. He understands how skin issues can bring down person’s confidence and how it impacts their social life. He is extremely supportive, provides encouragement and emotional help throughout this process. I always felt that a person needs to be a good human to become a great doctor, and Dr. Sobanko turned to be both. After seeing so many dermatologists in Tri-State area, I can easily say that he is the best.

Submitted October 13, 2016

I have seen the doctor for multiple issues over the last few years. You never have to refresh his memory about your history, he is always well prepared. As is his staff.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

From the moment I checked in till I left everyone was wonderful, polite and friendly. Dr. Sobanko was excellent in explaining everything and answering questions. Had MOHs surgery and was perfect in every way would highly recommend him and I have already! So glad he found the base cells could have been really bad. Wonderful doctor and staff!!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Excellent, compassionate and very helpful. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

very informative and professional. extremely helpful at helping me understand what my diagnosis was

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Dr. Joseph F. Sobanko's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)