Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Leech

This dentist does good work and up until last week his staff was really nice but after my last two phone calls I am saying I'll never go back. Thankfully there are still some amazing ladies up there but not the one that was yelling at me on the phone telling me that ibuprofen is more than enough for the pain that I am experiencing. I have had a lot of work done-especially by them, they know I am not a drug seeker, I am even a social worker in the field of recovery so I can spot the medical professionals that have way too much of a power complex with prescription medication. I have had extractions before so I know what the recovery is like, I have had plenty of root canals so I know what the recovery is like. They will assure you that you only need ibuprofen after root canals and extractions and if you ask for something stronger they will make you beg for it and treat you like a junkie and then when its over they will act like they don't know what you are talking about. I have had several root canals by Dr. Leech and I left with no medication even though I asked, even though I couldn't take ibuprofen they preferred that I suffer instead of prescribing anything. During my extraction appointment I confirmed that he would prescribe something for pain, he looked right at me and agreed to twice, afterwards he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and then was real smug and said 'I'm not going to prescribe you anything except ibuprofen." He lied right to my face and they lied when I made the appointment. I said- I know you all never prescribe anything but I have had molars extracted and this is a bottom far back molar. So all they gave is Ibuprofen. I called 3 other dentist offices and 2 of my friends that work in the field-- they all said--every dentist automatically prescribes prescription pain killers for the recovery of root canals and extractions. When I called Dr. Leech's office twice to tell them I am in pain Maria was extremely rude to me and yelled at me that no one lied to me and that ibuprofen is plenty for my pain and dentists do not prescribe medication for recovery of extractions....funny how she assured me before the procedure. Now I'm still suffering on day three, I have been in bed in pain...so much for the ibuprofen. Funny how he had no problem pumping my gums full of lidocaine with epinephrine, my pain tolerance is so bad that he had to numb it 4 different times. I had a very bad reaction and had to be helped at publix because I got so sick and almost passed out. I have been sick since Thursday morning and have felt terrible. But they don't care-just as long as he can make someone suffer through recovery and his amount of prescriptions stay low. I will be taking my business and my referrals elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

I've struggled with dental phobias my entire life and am glad to say I have now definitely found my dental home! The whole experience was superb, from dealing with my insurance, scheduling, the warm greeting when I walked I and the treatment and knowledge of the hygienist and Doctor. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable and made you to feel right at home. The doctor was painless and the hygienist and assistants thoroughly interested in you as a person and not just as a mouth or pocket book! So glad to have found Leech Family Dentistry!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Made an appointment and they never told me they DO NOT SEDATE for children . He is not kid friendly at all!!! Charged me 50.00 for a 2 minute exam to look at my child's tooth and say I can see where it's sore . He needs to see a pediatric dentistry . What's upsetting is I do not understand why I was not informed that they do not sedate ?? My son is 4?! So the receptions doesn't NOT know to say ." We do not sedate so if that's a problem with the child you should see a pediatric dentist ." So I walked out Of his office knowing what I knew when I went in. My son had a cavity and we left with 50 less dollars for a 2 minute exam. Leech fits the practice .. Watch your wallet!

Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Leech and his staff was very friendly. I constantly brush and floss my teeth regularly. Dr. Leech said that he saw a cavity during a regular cleaning and wanted to fill it. I didn't believe in their findings, so I visited another dentist that saw 0 cavities. I am outraged with such dishonesty! I do not recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

On Christmas day I swallowed a crown I had had for over 10 yrs. Since moving to Murfreesboro I had not found a dentist so on the recommendation of a friend I called Dr. Leech on the 26th. His office was not open but I left a message, he called me back with in an hour. Even though I was not an established patient he opened his office just for me. I have been back several times since then. I'm a big baby when it comes to dental work, he is very caring and compassionate. His office staff is amazing and try very hard to accommodate schedules. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Two years ago a dentist found 7 cavities. I had three filled on the left side, but the dentist hurt me so badly I didn't get the other four taken care of. Now every single time I eat something sweet the teeth with cavities hurt like crazy. I made an appointment with Dr. Leech because he could get me in quickly.I did explain to them that my dental insurance was changing in the next week, and it wouldn't be as good. They take x-rays, he prods my teeth (which HURT), and then tells me that there isn't anything wrong. When I say "If there isn't anything wrong -no cavities- why do my teeth hurt so bad?" He basically tells me that the stress of my dental insurance changing can sometimes make people think that there is something wrong when there isn't. To say that I was totally speechless is an understatement. I've never actually had someone say something like that to me before. I would make up my pain, hire a sitter for the afternoon...because my insurance is changing? will never go back

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011