Ratings for Dr. Yervant G. Aslanian

If you walk in with a prada bag or have teeth that have been professionally cared for since birth, then these people will treat you like royalty. However, if you couldn’t afford dental care as a youth and you don’t bring brand name clothing, Dr. Aslanian will treat you like garbage. My wife went to get her teeth extracted, and specifically because she is used to being discriminated against, she didn’t bring up the massive amounts of tooth pain she has been enduring. But that wasn’t enough. The “doctor” all but accused her of having a personal stash because… who knows? Again, my wife never once mentioned painkillers. Again, she did so because she was afraid her socioeconomic history would lead to discrimination against her. And guess what? It did. Because she didn’t “look” the right way. What we do know is that the patient next door, who my wife could hear, was treated gently and professionally by Aslanian. Yet my wife gets interrogated like a junkie because of her dental history and the clothes she wears. Does it show that you have money? Then go to this doctor. But he will treat you like scum otherwise.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

A very unethical and unprofessional office. This has been the absolute worst dental office visit I have ever had in my entire life (and I didn't even get the procedure done!) I have never before been so offended or infuriated by a place of business, as I have with them. To make a long story short, I ended up reporting him to my insurance company. The insurance company said he does what is referred to as "flooding the insurance," meaning he performs 5 minute exams and collects insurance money, but refuses to perform the actual procedures at the insurance level. Stay away at all costs- in my opinion they are more businessmen than health-care professionals. I spoke to my neighbor about him and my neighbor told me that he did the EXACT same thing with her.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

He and his staff are very rude. I don't know who the other reviews are talking about, but he was a jerk and was very, very rough. I don't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

The doctor is very rude and rough. They treat you like cattle when you go in. I was in much more pain after the surgery that before. I will never go there again.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr.Aslanian is by far the best oral surgent ever. He had to extract my teeth a few years ago, it was so quick not painful at all. He is very nice and humble and is very skilled. I recommend him to everyone. He is so gentle and is so confident that you dont feel scared at all. Iam going to go see him for implants, my mom had her implants done with him and they are the best. everyone compliments her on her teeth.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

I had my surgery done with him 6 years ago, and I remember that there was very little pain and he was great. Everyone I know who has gone to him loves him and says he is the best. I am going to go back to him, I want to get two implants, and I heard that he is great at doing implants.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2007

made the whole experience great.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2006

Dr. Yervant G. Aslanian's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1994)