Ratings for Dr. Walter A. Kendall

He is a very good man, a kind person and a most knowledgeable psychotherapist. He may even be better than he knows. e is very accommodating to his client's needs and schedules. His office is warm and inviting.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

He is not the best, but he is the best in Greene County...

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I worked with Walt for a couple of years, and found his perspectives & insights into my behavioral patterns invaluable. My life changed dramatically for the better as a result of our work together, enabling me to empower myself with the techniques set forth in our sessions. Walt is deeply empathetic & highly professional; I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I had been a patient of Walt for well over a year. Over the last month of weekly therapy, I have come to the realization that he is unable to come up with a variety of coping mechanisms for severe anxiety. My last visit went absolutely horrible: I asked for advice on how to help cope with my social anxiety because I found the last suggestion seemed to cause even more anxiousness - he did not have any other advice for coping mechanisms. I told him that I felt that it defeated the purpose of our weekly meetings and his response was "we are running 5 minutes over as it is." I replied by apologizing, but told him I felt that future sessions would be pointless. His response was "okay, thank you." All in all, he is great if you, as a patient, want to talk for an hour straight. But trying to get positive feedback and coping mechanisms is like pulling teeth. I would not suggest Walt as your psychologist if you have anxiety issues.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012