Ratings for Dr. Walter J. Oakes

Dr Oakes saw my four year old child after she broke several bones in her back. As we left the office, she asked me (in tears) if we ever had to go back to him again and I quickly told her NEVER. During that visit he ordered her around the room with no compassion and made me, her mother, feel guilty about my decisions to get help for her, which is the last thing a parent needs when their child has been injured. I would NEVER go back to him or recommend him to anyone. He should not be in pediatrics if he treats sweet and innocent children this way.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. Oakes treated us very poorly and also made a bunch of terrible mistakes during surgery and a lot of pain my child went through because of his decisions. I am glad we never have to see this doctor anymore. I thought since he was the chief pediatric neurosurgeon we were in good hands, but we were wrong!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Horrible bedside manner. No compassion. We went for a second opinion but were treated badly. Will not be back.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

Dr. Oakes is a wonderful neurosurgeon. He is extremely competent and knowledgeable - lots of experience. His bedside manner can be a bit no nonsense and brisk, but we always felt our daughter was in the best hands.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Dr. Walter J. Oakes's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1972)