Ratings for Dr. Joy Y. Kim

I love Dr. Kim! She delivered my daughter and she was very helpful and knowledgable the entire pregnacy. We emailed back and forth the entire pregnacy and I couldn't imagine myself with another OBGYN. I will say that sometimes the wait is a little long even when you have an appointment but other than that great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

In 2013, Dr. Kim told me that I needed further mandatory testing from a routine exam. I e-mailed to ask whether I could wait until I was no longer on temporary insurance, which was 2 months, to which she didn't respond. I called the nurses and asked for an answer, no response. Meanwhile, the scheduling department sent me two form letters to schedule the appointment. Finally, the scheduling office sent me a letter firing me as a patient. I e-mailed Dr. Kim to tell her personally that there was no communication between her nurse line and scheduling department. All she responded was that she would forward my e-mail to the office manager to see if we could repair the relationship. The office manager did call me, but I was done by that point. After all this, I went to another OB-GYN who looked at my records who carefully and kindly told me that a recommendation for further testing was based on outdated medical standards. That second doctor was Tiffany Mullins. Go to her.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

First off I was stuck waiting for Dr. Kim for OVER 45 minutes both visits. As she was doing the exam, her nurse went to open the door and nearly let every one have a free show until Dr. Kim told her to close the door and wait a second. The lady that took my blood was absolutely RUDE! When Dr. Kim told me I had an abnormal result, I had to make another appointment and paid another copay just for her to read me my results. When discussing the abnormal result, she barely took any time to answer my questions, many of which she left unanswered or said she "didn't know why" and also even had the gull to say "I don't know what to tell you." She was more concerned about the visiting doctors from other hospitals than she was with me, HER PATIENT, and tried to hurry along the process so she could go talk with them. I left her office feeling extremely upset and still had many questions that remained unanswered.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr. Joy Y. Kim's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

AARP