Ratings for Dr. Jessica R. Johnston-Rickert

I have seen Dr J for 7 years and absolutely love her! She is very understanding and kind and very thorough in her evaluations.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

I saw Dr. Johnston-Rickert to begin the process of hormone therapy as a female-to-male patient. She was extremely invalidating. Dr. Johnston-Rickert made it seem as though she doubted my sincerity in my gender identity, since I do not fit the exact trans narrative (such as being aware of a dissonance between my physical biology and gender as early as three years old, using my biological anatomy for intercourse, and for identifying as a homosexual male). She was, however, great with pronouns and with using my preferred name. Despite that, I feel that she honestly does not understand transgender patients beyond the physical/biological aspects of their transition. She was also condescending when asked a different medical question, not related to the hormone therapy. All in all, I would not recommend her for transgender health.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Jessica Johnston-Rickert is the best physician I have ever had. She really takes her time with you, explains everything completely, gives you all the answers. She really makes sure you and her know what is going on with your health. She makes you feel comfortable in every situation.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr. Jessica Johnston-Rickert has a warm, caring personality. She gives me great explanations and choices. I would recommend her and Primary Care Associates of Appleton to anyone I know.-Barbara

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Jessica R. Johnston-Rickert's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 2006)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal