Ratings for Dr. Maryam J. Hekmat

She talks about herself constantly, huge ego. It's all about her. She barks out her opinion loudly, she is just obnoxious. I brought my mother in to see her and because my mother's hand was shaking, she shouted out, "You are alcoholic!". Guess what, my 80 year old mother was diagnosed with dementia a month later by two doctors who listened and observed. This woman is the definition of a quack.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I have been Dr. Hekmat 's patient for past 10 years. You need to see her to make judgement on your own . She is the most knowledgable , caring, sensitive to your medical health issues. I have followed her to her new VIP practice and I am very pleased with my medical care. Best wishes to you Dr. Hekmat with your new private practice . You are the best.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Agree with other comment that Dr. Hekmat is "full of herself without paying attention to. . .what you are saying." Sometimes talking to her is like talking to a brick wall, or a brick wall that has to prove she is right on all accounts. I went to see her a number of years ago for depression, and she actually told me to spend a little more time on myself to make myself look more attractive. I was going through a divorce and had two little kids, and she tells me to put on some lipstick!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

She talks a lot and talk about her self what a good dr she is and how Scripps are going to lose so much money cuz she is leaving them. She is full of her self without paying attention to you and what you are saying. She did Botox to me and did not work then went back as she said if it does not work within 21 days I will redo it for free. Will guess what it did not work and she tricked me on coming back and injected more and made me pay again. Oh yeah and that was at her husband dental office if you are wondering. I think she went on her own now as she left Scripps or they might have fired her but I would never ever go back again to see her no matter what.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Doesn't take you serious! instead of paying attention to what you say about your problem, she repeats her own words with a smile. I'm going for a hand surgery because of hers poor diagnosis 2 years ago.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

She is the best doctor I ever had . Very kind and knowledgeable and helpfull.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

she never has the time to listen to the issue; always mentions abt herself and her issues in the end keeps changing medicines (kind of trial and error types)

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Very knowledgeable and very helpful. She is professional, courteous and very thorough. She takes the time to listen even though she works fast. I am always in and out of the office quickly, but my needs are met. She knows medicine very well, too!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

I have seen Dr. Hekmat for many years. She knows the basics, but that is about it. I have often thought about switching and finally decided to do so. Is she horrible? no, but I want a doctor more knowledgable. She gave me incorrect meds for a bronchial issue and I guess that was the final straw. Nice person, but that is not all I need from a doctor. Sorry

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011