You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Mont

Mont refused to treat me under the guise that he will be leaving the practice. However, his main concern was not my condition. He did not even LOOK at me. His main concern, as soon as he walked into exam room, over 1 hour late, was WHY I did not have him do my surgery. Unbelievable arrogance. Unbelievable ego. Unbelievably unprofessional and immature. He was like a petulant child. I would NEVER recommend him. Baltimore is well rid of him. I hope his childishness serves him well in Cleveland.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Beyond awful results. He's been sued 7 times for Med Malpractive. Please do your research, a dangerous man. Additionally, on 11/07/2012, he was charged with Reckless Driving which is public record. So not only is he a terrible surgeon, he probably shouldn't be driving either. Using google you can read the details but the lawsuits are: Tamera M Carter vs. Michael A Mont, Kimberly Keith vs. Michael A Mont, Darcel Heath-Jackson vs. Michael A Mont, Marilyn Task vs. Michael Mont, Freda Weinstein vs Michael A Mont, Michael Lawlor vs Michael Mont, and Thomas Krumrine vs. Michael Mont. Finding a lawyer to take your case is difficult, so these cases should not be ignored by future patients.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Michael Mont was never present before or after surgery. I don't know why there were number of obvious reviews that seemed too good to be true because it looks and sounded that it could have been done by either his staff or himself or anyone from his family. Yes, I know he had done so many replacements and done great but he has been lax now and been very much forgotten how he should see his patients before and after surgery to know that he cares about them. I just wish he could have stayed with compassion because he was that way when I first met him. He was very sweet when I first spoke to him. Time and money has changed his ways. His staff have had great ones before and some were still a bit helpful but it all changed when I started asking for more help because of excruciating pain every single day I have been having which was my complain. I didn't know what else to say. It made it impossible to walk now which I never imagined that would happen because I thought the reviews I read back then were real which says he was a great surgeon. After the surgery, I came out feeling so much pain which came out to be a huge mistake dine by Dr. Mont. It took like more than a year that I realized that my knee will not heal at all because something was terribly wrong. When it comes to those nurses at the preoperative office, they were very helpful and sweet. The Nurse Practitioner at preoperative was very good but when I stayed after surgery for few days, there were great nurses and there were horrible PCA in particular who did not even want to work. Rehab nurses were almost always hard to get and very lazy especially when I needed help to go to the bathroom. It took more than an hour sometimes before I get helped. . I don't I know for a fact that Dr. Mont made so many revisions which scared me to death. I didn't know what to do since he was the one who made the mistakes done on my knee so I figured he should be the one to correct that mistake. Well , he did it again! !! Ugh!!!! He was always overbooked and the wait was horrendous and he lets the fellows talk to patients. Staff like PCA's were not careful with my knee especially when they came hesitantly and helped me carry my leg down and up. I just screamed in so much pain. Watch yourselves!!! Do a research beforehand.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I made do with a first hip replacement for years, afraid to go in to find out about a possible revision. Wish I had gone sooner. Dr Mont's revision now is showing me what the first one should have felt like! Everything about office visits and surgery at Sinai were impeccable. Dr Mont is, in my opinion, a miracle worker. I have referred at least 5 friends to him, and they, too, have all agreed! Also, the scar is barely visible. He is amazing! Also very easy to ask questions. Love this guy!!! Don't hesitate. Also, their PT department was wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

He is the best at what he does, there is no doubt that he is the expert in replacing joints and treating avascular necrosis. I have this in both of my hips and he was able to give me my life back.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

He did my revision hip replacement that I had it replaced over 19 years ago. My hip now feels even better than the first one, I would've love to have that one by him as well. I don't regularly write reviews but he is an amazing surgeon. I can't imagine why anybody would rate him with anything but five stars.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

He is without a doubt the best surgeon I could have ever asked for. He answered all of my questions during my visit in clinic and he was very supportive after surgery.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

If you are looking for a touchy feely kind of guy forget it but if you want a first class surgeon supported by a fantastic support team then DR. Michael Mont is your man . Just had my second knee replaced buy him and would go back to him without a second thought.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Michael A. Mont's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Mont refused to treat me under the guise that he will be leaving the practice. However, his main concern was not my condition. He did not even LOOK at me. Hi..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Beyond awful results. He's been sued 7 times for Med Malpractive. Please do your research, a dangerous man. Additionally, on 11/07/2012, he was charged with R..."

March 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He's ruined my life. He trains med students to do all his surgeries for him. Absolutely a horrendous experience and outcome."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Michael Mont was never present before or after surgery. I don't know why there were number of obvious reviews that seemed too good to be true because it lo..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I made do with a first hip replacement for years, afraid to go in to find out about a possible revision. Wish I had gone sooner. Dr Mont's revision now is showi..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is the best at what he does, there is no doubt that he is the expert in replacing joints and treating avascular necrosis. I have this in both of my hips and ..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He did my revision hip replacement that I had it replaced over 19 years ago. My hip now feels even better than the first one, I would've love to have that one b..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is without a doubt the best surgeon I could have ever asked for. He answered all of my questions during my visit in clinic and he was very supportive after ..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Unacceptable extended wait period to see doctor, who is in a hurry and has intern service patient. "

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you are looking for a touchy feely kind of guy forget it but if you want a first class surgeon supported by a fantastic support team then DR. Michael Mont is..."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am pleased with my surgery. Never thought that I was going to be able to walk with no pain."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had my hip resurfaced almost one year ago and it was a complete success. I am pain free and back to living the life I had before my arthritis kept me from do..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had hip resurfacing by Dr. Mont 5 years ago. I had put it off for years to the point I was an invalid. I could not ask for a better surgeon and could not h..."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After having multiple surgeries on my knee, I thought I was never going to walk again, thanks to Dr. Mont I am able to do everything again. Lauren Cohen"

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He gave me my life back, I could'n even walk, now I am able to do everything I want."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mont is the best doctor I have ever met. I had multiple knee surgeries after a car accident. Then he replaced my knee, now I can do activities I was only ..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mont gave me my life back. I had some serious hip pain for over a year, but now I am enjoying life."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Many doctors did not want to fix my previously operated knee, he was able to replace my knee and did a great job. My life quality has improved since then."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr Mont. He fixed my knee and now I'm back on the dance floor with my wife."

October 28, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=322584'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014