Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Mont

Life ruining surgeon. Steer clear and heed the negative reviews - that's the real him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

He is a monster, no ethics. Rating should be zero

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

How can the license board look at these reviews of dr. Micael Mont, and just ignore them. They are no better than he is.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

He replaced both 0f my knees and the results are perfect. He did a wonderful job on everything I can't say enough good things about him CAP Balto.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

In 2005, I was referred to Dr. Mont after having my case reviewed and rejected by at least 20 surgeons around the country. I was a 25 year old female with Rheumatoid Arthritis that had destroyed my hips. The only thing doctors would do was prescribe narcotics and tell me to go home because I was to young and high risk for them to take on. I was a young mother at the end of my rope. My records were sent to Dr.Mont. Two days later I received a phone calll from Dr. Mont who said he could not make any promises but that if I was willing to make the trip he would like to do a more extensive evaluation. I went to Baltimore and was evaluated. Dr. Mont was very up front and said that my case was a difficult one but he thought that he could help. June 2005, I traveled back to Baltimore and had Bi lateral hip resurfacing. I was in the hospital for two weeks with the righthip being done on the first day and the left hip resurfacing performed on day 7. The surgeries were a success and after 8 weeks of rehabilitation I was narcotic free and able to chase after my 4 year old. Dr. Mont continues to help guide me through the ups and downs and works closely with my Rheumatologist to manage my other joints. This close collaboration between Dr. Mont and my Rheumatologist has preserved my knees and given me a quality of life that I could not have dreamed of. In July 2015, I was in a devistating car accident where I live. Dr. Mont was wonderful in providing over the phone consult to the trauma surgeons who were trying to save my leg. These efforts have allowed me to walk again and my knee was also able to be saved. So many times over the years Dr. Mont has stepped in and stepped up and has never given up on trying to help me retain my mobility. It is for these reasons and so many more that I do not have the time or space to write about that I will be following Dr. Mont wherever his career leads him. Over the years Baltimore became my second home. I am saddened that I will no longer get to visit Baltimore as often but I look forward to seeing Dr. Mont at the Cleveland Clinic. Thank you Dr. Mont, congratulations, and I will see you in December at the Cleveland Clinic!!!

Submitted November 10, 2016

If you're a little person/dwarfism do NOT and I mean do NOT even think about this man. He will destroy everything you've ever had go right. He isn't capable even though he will say otherwise and he will RUIN your skeletal system beyond repair. Next.. He will offer solutions that don't even make sense to the lay person ... He is horribly neglectful, unethical and his skills do NOT match his claims. Don't ever see this man.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I have avascular necrosis , bilateral hips, knees and shoulders. Dr. Mont has done numerous surgeries, thanks to him I have my life back. I'm going to miss you. Baltimore is losing the best surgeon ever! Good luck .

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Mont refused to treat me under the guise that he will be leaving the practice. However, his main concern was not my condition. He did not even LOOK at me. His main concern, as soon as he walked into exam room, over 1 hour late, was WHY I did not have him do my surgery. Unbelievable arrogance. Unbelievable ego. Unbelievably unprofessional and immature. He was like a petulant child. I would NEVER recommend him. Baltimore is well rid of him. I hope his childishness serves him well in Cleveland.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Beyond awful results. He's been sued 7 times for Med Malpractive. Please do your research, a dangerous man. Additionally, on 11/07/2012, he was charged with Reckless Driving which is public record. So not only is he a terrible surgeon, he probably shouldn't be driving either. Using google you can read the details but the lawsuits are: Tamera M Carter vs. Michael A Mont, Kimberly Keith vs. Michael A Mont, Darcel Heath-Jackson vs. Michael A Mont, Marilyn Task vs. Michael Mont, Freda Weinstein vs Michael A Mont, Michael Lawlor vs Michael Mont, and Thomas Krumrine vs. Michael Mont. Finding a lawyer to take your case is difficult, so these cases should not be ignored by future patients.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

He's ruined my life. He trains med students to do all his surgeries for him. Absolutely a horrendous experience and outcome.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Michael A. Mont's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

GHI