Ratings for Dr. Stephen G. Huk

In my opinion Dr. Huk crams in as many patients as he can in an 8 hour day. I say this because I sat in the waiting room for a little under an hour and observed him take three different patients into his office during that time. Now, can you really get to know your patients in that amount of time? My visits rarely went past 10 minutes and I can say Dr. Huk had absolutely no clue what was really going on with me and quite honestly did not care. But he is a brilliant business man. Do the math....three patients per hour working 7 hours (taking lunch out of the equations) equals 105 patients per week. Between my copay and my insurance he grosses about $73.00 per visit which is probably his lowest rate but let's go with it. Using my numbers he grosses $7665.00 per week, $30,660.00 per week and $367.000,000 per year, conservatively. I would actually have no issue with that kind of pay day if he really helped people. Dr. Huk writes your scripts and sends you out the door and if that is what you are looking for then make an appointment.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

If the first medication he tries you on doesn't work, he makes it overtly obvious he's given up on you. Rushes appointments. Really doesn't seem to care - which isn't what you want from a mental-health professional.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Huk so far has shown to be a patient, kind, intelligent psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Dr. Huk is intelligent. He has good intentions. His sessions are rushed. As a parent of an acutely ill child, I wonder if he grasps the "big picture." Unless pushed, he will not take the initiative to confer with our child's therapist. So, he mostly relies upon what comes out of the mouth of our kid--an unstable adolescent. I think it is unfortunate that the system he is held accountable to does not afford him the opportunity/time to understand his patients beyond what comes up in narrow discussions about drug/dosage/behavior dynamics.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr.Hul was my Doc in KC...I have never had better care!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I have always been treated with respect and kindness on each visit to Dr. Huk's office. Shelly at the front desk is especially helpful and treats me with respect and smiles each time. She is a great asset to his front office staff. I really don't have a single complaint but if I had to say one thing it would be that he does run behind frequently but realizing the nature of his practice I think that is to be expected. Very pleased with Dr. Huk and his entire staff.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

staff at front desk is horrible, especially female who cant speak english well. she is not helpful and likes to argue with you. dr does run late alot, but is helpful for the most part. having hard time figuring out correct medicine for daughter, but dr huk is helpful.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Staff/window witch is horrible, disrespectful, rude, worst one ever!!!! Doctor is knowledgeable and kind, but unfortunately wasn't able to find a good medicine to help with problem...

flag | Submitted January 1, 2014

After transferring from another local Psychiatrist's office, I was pleased with the knowledge that Dr. Huk conveyed about my son's possible needs for medicine and counseling. Dr. Huk's willingness to befriend my son, listen to our concerns, and offer a direction for assistance was welcomed! Thank you and keep up the great work.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Staff were rude on various occasions when I had problems with my pharmacy or unable to make an appointment -- instead of trying to help, treated me like I was some pill-seeker (excessively questioning and rude tone). Not helpful or caring AT ALL.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Stephen G. Huk's Credentials

• St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63104 (Grad. 1981)