Ratings for Dr. Lori F. Sloane

Dr Sloane was my first doctor. She diagnosed me and took care of me and RA for many years, until we moved to VA. She was caring, professional, very knowledgeable, investigative, concerned about my RA. Her staff was always cordial and I had no problems making appointments or getting a call back when a message was left. Dr Sloane always returned my calls right away. I grew fond of her and I can say that over the years moving around the country, I have missed her and her smile. Thank you for all you did for me Dr Sloane.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr Lori Sloan has always been punctual, respectful and knowledgeable about my gout. Takes time with me and advises me w treatment which have yielded fantastic results. Her staff is cordial and responsive.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Sloane is amazing. Thorough, investigative, concerned, and really listens to you. Analyzed all the options. I arrived with crazy out of control excema, and really gnarly knuckles, when was the real reason for my visit. The first visit was about 45 minutes!!! Wow!! Really listened to all the medical issues, carefully analyzed, was not frustrated by my myriad of questions and concerns, and as a followup was easily reached by phone for further questions and answers. My rating = A+ doctor!!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

I am baffled by the negative ratings for this doctor.She was highly recommended to me several years ago, when my primary care physician indicated that all of my myriad lab tests did not shed light as to why I was experiencing the pain symptoms that I had. Dr. Sloane listened, asked questions, then examined me by pressing on specific points on my body. Ever since the fibromyalgia diagnosis several years ago, Dr. Sloane has been attentive to my specific pain management needs. My quality of life improved due to the advice and guidance provided. I appreciate the fact that Dr. Sloane discusses with me the medication protocol and listens to any possible concerns. Overall, I opine that she is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

i never met a doctor as unprofessional as Dr. Sloane. She took 3 family phone calls during my diagnosis, where I had to sit and listen through it. She screamed from her desk to the another room to carry on a conversation with her assistant while we waited for my xrays. I was very uncomfortable and would not recommend her services ever.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010

I was very frsutrated with my visit to Dr Sloane. She was extremely vague with me and seemed to brush off my condition and complaints without much concern even though some of my tests came back questionable. Her advice was to take an ibuprofen and watch the condition while all printed research/literature states a more aggressive approach. I would never go to her again nor recommend someone to her.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

I went to her b/c I was having widespread muscular pain. Suggested fibromyalgia to doc. She poked me in the neck & knee and stated "You don't have it." First, tell that to my inexplicably aching body. Second, there are 18 tender points and she only checked two. Not a good doc in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Dr. Lori F. Sloane's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1986)