Ratings for Dr. Ravi Yalamanchili

Dr. Yalamanchili is not a neurologist as such, but a neuro surgeon. When I saw him for an opinion about possible surgery, he seemed kind enough and smiled often. After I returned to him per his suggestion for f/u after some X-rays and having seen a specialist for a 2nd opinion, he was brusque, rude and announced he still wouldn't recommend surgery , but if I did need it in future, he'd refuse to perform it! I'd actually been 'fired' because of seeking a 2nd opinion!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Yalamanchili has been my NS for more than 10 years. He has performed 3 operations on my lumbar spine, allowing me to return to a basically normal life. He also treated me for a brain tumor with a new treatment call CYBERKNIFE. That treatment was a success and the tumor is dying, so i did not have to open head surgery. I found him to be warm, caring and knowledgable. He explained everything thoroughly, was patient when I asked questions. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008