Ratings for Dr. Anthony H. Jackson

I seen Dr.Jackson when I was 9-10 months because,my pediatric doctor noticed I was way behind in baby milestones.My parents noticed it at first but,they thought it was just a stage that some babies go through and that I would eventually catch up.Thats when we were recommended that I ahould see him right away.Though my parents were wrong it was not just a stage.It was Mild Cerebral Palsy afther I went through many tests.That explained why I couldn't walk since my legs were very tight and rigid/he called it spasticity and when I started trying to walk I was 23 months and had a balence issue aswell known as ataxia.It was good to have a diagnosis but,he was not that encouraging to my parents he gave false hope that I would never walk,talk,or just basically function as a normal baby at my age and he wanted to do a heelcord-surgery on me that was the only optional treatment he offered.Until my pedia told my parents about early intervention,PT,OT,SPT+sped classes.Now you cant tell I have CP.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Dr. Anthony H. Jackson's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1972)

HealthPartners