Ratings for Dr. Abirami Janakiraman

I went in with a high fever and terrible sore throat that I had for weeks. At first she didn't even want to give me antibiotics but looked in my throat and noticed severe swelling. Without any strep throat tests or even listening to my lungs she gave me antibiotics. After 48 hours on medicine I developed new symptoms of vertigo and severe ear pain. I called in the office and was immediately dismissed by her nurse to just keep taking my medicine. I went to another doctor where they immediately noticed a major blockage and and inflammation in my ear that could only be treated with a procedure and not antibiotics. She didn't even take the time to see me again and I felt the nurse was annoyed with my concerns as well. Her examination was not thorough and she missed a diagnosis. I highly suggest a different doctor you can actually trust.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I saw Dr. J about persistent itchy skin and she told me to put coconut oil on my skin. I had used every type of over the counter relief I could get my hands on. None of them worked. $200 bill to be told to use coconut oil.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. J as she is known to her staff seems very nice, however she is very over confident in her abilities in the mental health field(s). Myself and a friend who saw her had each asked if seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist would help us. Her response was absolutely not. You are not so bad as to need specialized help. My friend and I each decided to get 2nd opinions on our conditions by Psychiatrists anyway. Both Dr's we went to were shocked at what Dr. J had recommended - mine went so far as to make me promise to NOT accept any more prescriptions from her. In each of our conditions her recommendations could have been very dangerous. She may be O.K. in other fields, but in mental health she is dangerous. Stay away.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013