Dr. Kumaran Chinnappan MD,FACS,FRCS,FASMBS.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kumaran Chinnappan MD,FACS,FRCS,FASMBS.

Best in the US. Definitely recommend .Had a wonderful experience and result.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2019

Dr. Chinnappan is an amazing doctor. In August 2018 when I starting seeing Dr. Chinnappan I had a lot of health issues and had no energy at all. I had my surgery in December 2018 and in 4 months I've lost 85 lbs and I'm currently not taking any medications. All of my health issues are gone. I have tons of energy and can do things like hiking and jogging. Dr. Chinnappan genuinely cares about his patients. I am so thankful for him and his team. He gave me my life back and I can't thank him enough for that. His office staff is alway polite and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone who is considering weight loss surgery.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2019

I am very please with the excellent care I got at the hospital and at the doc office with the staff and Dr..Chinnappan. I would recommend him to any of my friends wanting this done..Great Job.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2019

Amazing experience, totally recommend !!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

Dr. Kumaran is very professional, he takes his time for you , explaining procedures and letting you know the risks. I found him for my husband’s surgery and then continued with him for my journey and could not be happier. Dr. Kumaran has amazing bedside manner and takes the time to make sure your doing great. His staff is very helpful and also the hospital experience at mercy in St. Louis across from his office was a great outcome. I can’t thank him enough for helping us both!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2019

Dr. Kumaran is wonderful and I would recommend anyone interested in bariatric surgery to see him.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2019

Dr. Kumaran is very professional, he takes his time for you , explaining procedures and expected outcomes. He listens to your questions and concerns, will discuss and answer them so you have clear understanding. The office staff is professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

I'm so glad I chose Dr. Chinnappan as my surgeon. He made the whole VSG process go as smoothly as possible. I had no issues it complications. Minimal pain and a quick recovery. Thanks doc!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2018

Dr.. Kumaran and his staff have been fantastic. Being over weight is a sensitive subject for many including me. Dr. Kumaran made me feel comfortable and confident that I was at the right place just minutes after meeting him. I am completely satisfied with Dr. Kumaran and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone considering the gastric sleeve surgery. My entire experience has been great.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

Everything has been outstanding through the whole process.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

Dr. Kumaran Chinnappan MD,FACS,FRCS,FASMBS.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kumaran Chinnappan is a bariatric/weight loss surgeon practicing in Saint Louis region. He performs sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, gastric band and revision weight loss procedures regularly. He is board certified in surgery and fellowship trained in bariatric surgery. He is a fellow of the American college of surgeons, American society of metabolic and bariatric surgery(ASMBS) and fellow of the Royal college of surgeons in England,London,UK.

• Obesity
  • Heartburn
  • Gastric bypass surgery

• Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
  • Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
  • American board certified.
  • Fellow of the Royal College of surgeons in England,London,UK.