Ratings for David J. Sills

David is a top notch professional therapist. He has really helped me through many obstacles and helped me to become more aware of how I can take control of my daily choices to overcome anxiety and other daily stresses. Dave also empowers my creativity and really understands where I'm coming from and that makes it easier for me to open up to him about where I need support, guidance, or counsel. I highly recommend Dave if you have any behaviors or addictions that could stem from something more treatable like anxiety. Dave is a great listener and I always look forward to my visits with him each week.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2019

David was able to help me through the most difficult adjustment period of my life. Initially I did not believe I would make it through divorce, being alone, buying a new house, and starting a new job. David assured me I would not only make it through this time in my life, but I would love life in a way I never knew. He was right and I couldn’t be happier!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2019

I've been seeing David Sills for about three and a half years. It is thanks to his guidance that I am back in school and doing well. I've seen many therapists in the past, and none of them have ever made me feel as at ease as he has. Other therapists made me feel like they were trying to "fix" me, whereas David stands by my side to help me and support me as I learn how to overcome my anxiety and depression. He doesn't make me feel like I'm a broken object, like the others had in the past. I am horrible about opening up to people, but he is so easy to talk to and so relatable that he now knows more about me than even my best friend does. I know that I'm able to talk to him about anything, without the fear of judgement. From the beginning, he has been able to see the best in me, even when I have trouble seeing it myself. His guidance has helped me tremendously. If you are looking for a therapist that will support you and help you bring out the best in yourself, there is no one better than David Sills.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2019

David taught me how to trust when I didn't think I ever could. He taught me about self-validation when I didn't know I didn't know what it was. He gave me what I needed to get me through a year of reprocessing a life of trauma. I quit drinking, I quit escaping in weed, and he helped me learn I had the strength to face and overcome my demons. Therapy with David was hard work, but therapy that isn't hard work isn't productive. If you really want the opportunity to become the best version of you, there's no better place to be.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

I have been seeing David for almost 2 years now. Our sessions go by very fast and he is very easy to talk to! David is as professional as they come and I highly recommend him! David has helped me restore and build confidence in myself and has empowered me to be more aware of the choices I can make to help with anxiety. David Sills is the best therapist I've ever been to!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

There’s so many excellent things I could type about David, but I will keep this short. When I first came to David; I was in the midst of marital issues. Through out my time spent working with David, I learned that I had more than just a marriage to work through. Sparing you years and years of emotions; I was able to go from an incredibly depressed and sad young woman to figuring out the most true version of myself. By working with David, I was able to figure out who I am and discover the meaning of true happiness. Be warned, it’s not easy work and sometimes he’s going to tell you things you don’t really want to hear (for those of us who have a hard time admitting we are wrong, or admitting a fault). If you’re looking for compassion, intelligence, professionalism and a trusting helping hand...look no further, you found your match. Thank you, David.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Dr. Sills is one of the most friendly, helpful, and compassionate people that I have the pleasure of knowing. He is forever offering hope and encouragement, pointing out my talents and assets, and graciously providing a reason to believe that there are good people in the world! David routinely checks up on me if we haven't seen one another for a little while, and shows a genuine concern if I seem out of sorts. I don't know where I would be without him and I will be forever grateful for the impact that he has left on my life. Thank you very much for caring, David!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr. Sills is a unique, caring and effective therapist. I sought out Dr. Sills help after a very rough transition back to work from maternity leave. Since then, I continue to see Dr. Sills to guide me through varied topics including: Marriage counseling, personal therapy, business coaching, executive management coaching and leadership training. There are few therapists which I have worked with who can really address the whole person - from home life to work life. He's a trusted advisor and has made me a better professional, wife and mother. Our sessions have unlocked tremendous personal and professional potential. I'm grateful for, and look forward to, our sessions.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

David Sills is an awesome individual. He is a very caring individual. I have had a lot of changes take place in my life -- cancer, divorce, death of both parents and a very close friend, and retirement. My friends suggested I see a therapist. I was very hesitant--only people who are crazy need to see a therapist. But contacting David was the best decision I made. David helped me get my life back on track and gave me the tools to deal with all these changes. I was impressed with David's compassion, patience, and understanding. He is very professional, easy to talk to, and goes over and above what normally might be expected. He doesn't tell you what to do, but guides you through the process by providing the tools to help you in developing the skills and confidence to help yourself. If you are looking for a caring, dedicated therapist, I highly recommend you contact David. He is one of a kind. You won't be sorry!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I have been to therapists in the past but none can compare to David Sills. While I initially felt a little anxious, uneasy and even skeptical about going to a therapist again, David made me feel comfortable and at ease at my very first visit sparking the light bulb in my head that "this is the therapist for me". He has not only helped me with the issues I initially came to see him about but I have continued to see him for well over a year now as I've uncovered areas of my life that he continues to guide me through and I'm not sure I could be doing this on my own without him. I use the word "guide" because in my past experience with therapists I have been " told" answers and suggestions. My experiences with David have been therapeutic in a way I have not encountered before. As we talk through what I am feeling and where I want to be he doesn't hand me answers but rather guides me to my own conclusions and provides input and feedback. I truly recommend David Sills for any and all therapeutic needs for anyone. His style and approach have empowered me to regain control over my anxiety as well as my own my life experiences and choices. It is a feeling and result that I have not had been able to achieve elsewhere or on my own. If you are thinking about a therapist the only person I would ever recommend to anyone is David Sills.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017