Ratings for Dr. R. Bruce Parker

This was the best experience I've had with an OBGYN. The front office got me in so quickly and I loved Dr. Parker and his staff. He came highly recommended from many of my friends and I see why everyone likes him so much. He was very knowledgable about my issues and spent more time than any of my previous doctors helping me understand them better. I would recommend him to any one.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Love all of the staff and nurses. Dr. Parker is very knowledgeable and I'd recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

So far I believe that Dr. Parker and his nurses are very knowledgeable and helpful, however his blonde front desk lady is very rude! I'm pretty sure that her name is Marty. I agree with some of these other comments and I'm glad that it is just not my hormonal and pregnant imagination. First of all, the front desk has messed up a few of my appointments and she has treated me like it was my fault. Second, when I have called to ask for the nurse and medical questions, she answered them for me, (rudely)cut me off and ended the phone calls. Third, she is just generally cold and snobby. She looks down on me and my husband and I find that funny considering that I have 2 college degrees and I guarantee that my husband and I both individually make more than her front desk job pays her. She seems to hate life and her job. I wish he would fire her or she could find happiness in another career because I honestly dread facing her every time that I have an appointment. This is an exciting time for my husband and I, yet once I am confronted with her rudeness, I think that I should have found another OB early on. Too late now, guess I will have to grin and bare it! I hope that Dr. Parker reads these comments and takes these into consideration.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I agree with the comment about the blonde woman at the front desk. She is exceptionally rude.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

The blonde receptionist is the most rudest person I have ever ran into in my life. I have never had someone so confrontational in my life. She speaks for the Dr. and perhaps if Dr. Parker would like to say something to me about my healthcare, then let him say it to me. I think she likes to threaten people and just be plain rude. She lacks empathy and I see no reason why Dr. Parker keeps this woman along. She is a employee and supposed to help the patients, after all I am the one paying for service and I'm not going to pay anymore if this vial woman is still there. I'll be glad to go see another Dr. I don't pay these prices to have this woman take her aggression out on everyone. This woman who you employ reflects you as a Dr. and I see I'm not the only person who has a problem with her. She is dead wait on your team of employees and if I wanted to maintain a business without losing patients, I would get rid of your weakest link. Nobody should be treated the way this woman treats people on a daily basis. I hope she reads this and sees what a nasty person she is and changes her attitude towards people, or Dr. Parker will lose more patients.

Submitted September 24, 2014

My elderly mother had a mass on her ovary. Dr. Parker did her surgery to remove it. She came through with flying colors, and is back to her old self again. I think some doctors might not have been as aggressive in treating it as Dr. Parker was. He is terrific, and I highly recommend him to anyone who might need an OBGYN, whether you are a pregnant mom or one of us seasoned citizens.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Parker since 2005. He's delivered all 3 of my kids. I had complications with my last 2 babies and he erred on the side of caution with all. He actually discovered an issue with my last baby that would've been difficult to diagnose otherwise. What you have to realize that he may seemed rushed, but that's because he's saving lives of mommies and babies. However, anytime I had a question, he'd slow down and answer it. My last baby was in the NICU and was perfect. He got on the phone and told the NICU Dr to let her come in my room. He stood up for me, when I didn't think anyone would. He cares about his patients, personally calling me before and after my deliveries. One of his nurses does seem a little cold and harsh, but not every one is perfect. I recommend him to all my friends, especially those with complicated pregnancies.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I am shocked at some of the reviews on here. Dr. Parker and his staff are the best! I had a bad experience with the birth of my first child then was recommended to Dr Parker by many for my second pregnancy. I have have seen Dr Parker for 4 pregnancies/births, he is WONDERFUL! He is quick and to the point but if you ask a question he always takes time to explain. LOVE him an his staff:) We have moved out of state and are about to have our 6th child, I hate that I'm not going to be under the care of my favorite Dr:(

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

I was surprised by some of the comments about Dr. Parker. I've been going to him since moving to Norman in 2001. He might not be the most chatty doctor, but I don't mind. I always appreciate the punctuality. I can normally leave my office and be back in about an hour - which is wonderful. If the staff knows that it will be a longer wait, they let you know so you can plan accordingly. I've been able to reschedule when needed and never had a problem working with his staff. Everyone is friendly and professional. I love that he know does the blood work in his office. I can get everything done in one appointment!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr. R. Bruce Parker's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Norman, OK