Ratings for Dr. Stacea N. Bowen

I will NEVER recommend her to anyone!!! She is very rude, does not explain anything and she has this, as a matter of fact type of attitude!! Dr. Bowen does not need to deal with pregnant patients. Especially when our hormones are already all over the place. I am in the process of finding a new Dr, before I have to put her in her place!!!!!!!!!! The staff is nicer then her!!!!!!!!!! HOPEFULLY SHE IS READING THIS SO CAN GO BACK TO SCHOOL FOR SOME BEDSIDE MANNERS!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone!! Inhuman treatment!! I got concerning results from my labs and was trying to reach the doctor, I called 5 times in a day and they didn't even bother on calling me back, just after a whole week!! A lot of pain from a Pap smear, I told her I thought I may had a yeast infection, just at 7 weeks pregnant and, without getting my labs back, she told me to get generic meds to treat it.. when the results came back I didn't even have an infection. I had to request copy of my results to the lab to understand my current condition because she doesn't have he time to explain anything to you.. never smiles and is very cold and rude... when I decided that I needed to see another doctor I was requesting my records from them and they said that it could take up to a month!!! So far, my new doctor's office haven't received them yet... they never pick up the phone and when they do, they treat you like you are bothering them... they take a TWO HOURS lunch and before and half an hour before and after lunch is even more impossible to reach this office!!! This woman is a butcher and shouldn't be practicing medicine!! DO NOT GO THERE PLEASE!!!

Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Bowen took her time and was very thorough and professional in explaining what was going on. She answered our questions and calmed our concerns.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

This has to be the worst experience with an OBGYN that I've ever had... This is my first pregnancy and I've had terrible morning sickness where I'm sick every second of the day, I was expressing my concerns to her and she didn't even want to hear it. She was short, demanding and extremely rude. My boyfriend was in the room in shock with how she was treating me. I was in the middle of talking to her when she snipped at me saying "you're done" and quickly left the room. Never answering my questions, never offering any reassurance, not telling me how things looked or anything at all! She gave me a few samples of prenatal vitamins because the ones I have now upset my stomach and I asked if these were any better to take and she said "I don't know, take which ever ones you want"... Seriously a nasty women that has no business working in this field. I wouldn't recommend her to ANYONE. Period. I'm switching doctors and not looking back- and hopefully she reads these reviews and learn some bedside manner. Jeez.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Ever since i first went to see her she never smiles,she dont make you feel welcome,she didn't even give me a due date.she acts like my file is a secret.all she and the nurses would ask is "do you have any concerns". The only comcern is her,she dont make me feel comfortable,i didnt even want her to touch me,she stared at me as if something was wrong with me.very unplesant lady i tried to make the best of it but i just cant,im switching doctors,even the nurses give me a weird vibe when the do my weight and blood pressure.Also they never answer my phone calls i called at 2:05&4:45. I'v never heard of any doctor office stop answering their phones b4 5pm,and they dont answer between 12-2..it like this is a part time dr. Office. unbelievable. Dont go here waste of time and. Feelings. as if pregnant women wernt going thru enough pregnancy and life issues..this doctor and office dont make it better. P.s. Find a different doctor and office with better manners.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

I love Dr. Bowen she delivered both my children. She is very knowledgable, and friendly. I've been seeing her for over 3-4 years and she's given me consistently good care.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

WARNING LADIES!!!! I had several terrible experiences this year (2015) with this doctor, Dr. S. Bowen. She was very judgemental, uncaring and rude. I have never experienced this type of treatment from someone who is supposed to be a professional. Female exams are unpleasant enough without her adding judgement and an uncaring attitude. I thought I had a bacterial infection that would not go away . I scheduled an appoint and got in the next day. Dr. Bowen had an attitude from the moment she walked into the exam room. She was very cold towards me, as if I was a dirty person for having this infection. She was behind the drape, between my legs quietly talking about me to her assistant! I asked her what was wrong wondering if she saw anything strange. She did not answer me. Instead said to her assistant, "Send for all STD's." The assistant looked embarrassed that the doctor was so rude. A few days later the office called me to tell me my results came back positive for a YEAST infection! All that ugliness and judgment for a yeast infection? I could not believe it. I would not recommend her to my mother, sisters, girlfriends or enemy for that matter!! I found a new physician who actually cares for my wellness.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I absolutely adored this doctor! It was my first child and she was there every step of the way! She was overly detailed; even in areas I didn't care to know. She told me what she was doing before she did it and what her next steps were after she was done. I loved her! She even delivered my baby when she wasn't on call. She talked me through it until the very end. I will surely be using her on my next baby and the next... and the next... and the next!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

This was one of the top ten worst days of my life... Today was my first time at this facility and it was my last!!! It's unfortunate since I have heard good things about several of the other doctors. From the beginning of the procedure, Dr. Bowen provided no verbal information regarding what she was doing. I had to asked if she was doing a pap smear to which she responded no. Through the pain, I heard her say "You have a very good infection...and asked if I had ever seen this? I was in so much pain, that she had to tell me to look down to where she was...she was holding what looked like a q-tip covered in the "infectious evidence"....to which I responded no. The pain continued to esclate to the point that I could no longer bear it and all I wanted to do was get out of there. Through tears and pain I told her to STOP and I was leaving...once she finally compiled, she left the room very abruptly as if angry at me. Not once was there an ounce of compassion expressed by any staff member at the facility. I paid my bill still clearly upset...asked receptionist of tissues and than left.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Clearly not in the correct medical field. Her bedside manner is awful. No woman should be made to feel bad or guilty for having a baby. She will actually try to make you feel like it's your fault for going into labor when she has something better to do than attend her patient! I gave birth on Thanksgiving day and she tried to make my husband and I feel horrible about her having to perform our delivery, as if we maliciously went into labor specifically to annoy her. As if we had a choice! It's unfortunate that I will have the memory of such a horrible Doctor marring a wonderful occasion. Dr. Bowen should find a job where she could get paid to have a nasty personality, like someone who kills puppies for a living.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Stacea N. Bowen's Credentials

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 2004)

GHI