Ratings for Dr. Brian T. Torgerson

I became a patient there when my doctor moved to NY, our insurance referred me to him. On the first visit he looked over my info, said everything looked good and he wouldn't change anything. Got checked-out and to the car and found he had indeed changed a prescription. We went back in to get it sorted out, the woman at the counter said "He said he told you he was changing this med during the appointment" and when my husband tried to clarify that no, he did not, she started getting loud and it embarrassed me. (We did get that encounter on video.) That was the first visit... I can verify that the same thing happened to me as in the last review before mine. After my husband was let go during a mass layoff six months ago I was also a self-pay patient. I too began having problems getting meds refilled even though they were called in promptly. We had to make repeated calls. The pharmacy had to make repeated fax requests. Finally last month I was given no notice that my x prescription would be stopped immediately. I've had no problems with alcohol or drug addictions or things like that. I just couldn't cough up the $2,000 injection money. Was told that self-pay and medicaid would be no longer eligible to receive pain management meds, but they would still be willing to schedule me. However the $100 office visit would be $150. When my husband called to clarify and verify, he was told that cash and medicaid patients didn't bring in the money required...let that sink in a moment. My initial response was I didn't trust this doctor, and over a year later BOOM. I should have listened to my gut instinct, but the referring Dr told me I was stuck with him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Bad experience due to be cut off for no explanation except that sooner care self pay and etc will no longer pay for care that I need. . I had to reschedule my last appointment and did so a month in advance due to a prolapse bladder ever since then I have had nothing but problem. Called in my prescription on the 10 and still wasn't filled by the 16 which would of been 5 business days.Picked the prescription up on Friday with a letter stapled to the back saying due to my insurance and the drug testing and physical therapy which is an important part of pain management will no longer be able to continue my treatment because my insurance won't pay.I do not have insurance and I'm self pay.I called this morning and was told they are no longer taking new patients self paying patients, Sooner care or medicaid because they are no longer writing narcotics prescription but I can continue my care etc...I was only drugged tested on my first visit ever after that no one ever drugged tested me. I have never refuse to pay for my care. I'm not a drug addict I have a great life and going to school for nursing. I have followed all the rules. I just want an explanation for their decision. ..I have done nothing wrong.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr. Torgerson has been very helpful in managing my daughters chronic pain. He does procedures to help reduce the pain instead of just pushing pills at her. I know a lot of people think pain management is just an easy way to get pain drugs but Dr. Torgerson is not a drug dealer, he helps you manage your pain with the least amount of drug to control the pain. Some negative reviews are probably because they were not able to get enough drugs to support the drug habit. If you want a kind, knowledgeable , caring, compassionate doctor to help manage your pain and not just throw pills at you then Dr. Torgerson is the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Had a great expericence! Dr. Torgerson was really able to help my pain. Best relief I have had in years!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr Torgerson and his staff have been the most unhelpful and uncaring staff I have ever dealt with. I believe it starts at the top and his lack of professionalism has put me in some very uncomfortable situations(pain wise and emotional). I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I have never dealt with a Dr as unprofessional & uncaring as Dr T(& I'm an RN who deals with physicians daily!) My visit last week was only my 2nd appt with him (I've been going to the practice for 6 years but my previous Dr recently left). From the moment he walked in, he was condescending & cold, shrugging off my description of my worsening symptoms & concerns. He interrupted me, saying I was "too young to have chronic pain" and shouldn't be on pain meds, nevermind that my records show the struggle I have had to find something to improve my quality of life. He refused to send me for a MRI even with the dramatic increase in symptoms, refused to do the nerve block I had made the appt for & stopped my pain meds entirely while treating me like a drug seeker. Needless to say, I left the appt worse off than I arrived & I'm still in shock about how he treated me. I will not be back nor would I recommend him to ANYONE.He's far too judgmental to treat chronic pain patients

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

Nothing about my visit my visits are pleasant. Most Dr's will listen to what you have to say and have a decent bedside manner. This Dr does NOT. If I had a choice I would get another referral to another Dr, but its harder on Medicare.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

This dr office will push you through like cattle, or convicts. This dr acts like he hates his job, and hates his patients even more.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I called in and asked for a referral for physical therapy as I was in extreme pain. I knew the deep muscle in my back side/hip was out of place and needed therapy. AND asked if they couldn't call and refer me please get back to me ASAP. I couldn't get them to respond until 1 week later after calling and leaving a message asking if I was going to have to call the medical board to get a response. Finally they called and said I had to come in. He gave me referral to phys therapy but was very unhappy with me because of my "threat". He told me there was no law that said he had to get back to me within 1 day 2 days or any days. I told him there is such a thing as compassionate care for your patients and waiting one week for a response while u are in extreme pain in unacceptable. This was on Wednesday. During the following weekend I was trolling the dr rating sites and found his name and rated him. Monday a.m. His office called and fired me. The site says your ratings are confidential! LOL.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Explained my back pain & recommend a treatment plan. Very helpful at finally helping me find relief for my lower back and leg pain. I was very happy with Dr. Torgerson and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr. Brian T. Torgerson's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Chambers of Commerce