Ratings for Dr. Gary I. Cohen

I can't say what I really think about this doctor here because I don't like profanity. However...he treated my sister terribly. She went to him after leaving her prior oncologist who said he couldn't do anything else for her. My sister had stage 4 breast cancer. Dr. Cohen never changed her treatments at all...for one year he continued to give her the same chemo treatment telling her she was doing fine...no problems. "I can't believe how well she's doing" he told me repeatedly. Even after blook transfusions and extreme fatigue set in, Dr. Cohen continued to tell us that all was well...even after I emailed him my concerns. He brushed me off. "It's just chemo fatigue" he said..."we'll give her a break from it for awhile". She died three weeks later...in pain. This doctor subjected my sister to a very painful bone marrow biopsy a week before she died to see if the cancer had spread. We later found out her medical records had indicated spread to the marrow YEAR earlier. My God, he's the head of oncology too!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2006

Dr. Gary I. Cohen's Credentials

• Gujarati

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)