Ratings for Dr. Michelle Cabrera

I had what I know now was a ruptured ovarian cyst in February. No thanks to the ER docs at Howard hospital! My Gyn for the last 10 years is in Crofton, and were so backed up, they gave me an appt 2 months away! Searching for a local GYN, I found this group and looked at their website. Dr. cabrera was new so she was not listed (don't know why, but I like to see the person who will be so familiar with my lady area). After explaining my situation I was given an appt 2 days later. Dr. Cabrera was absolutely wonderful! She's a bit younger than me but her personality, professionalism, knowledge, and humor were comforting. I am now preparing to have another cyst removed. I did go in once and waited a long time to be seen. It only happened once. I attribute it to the fact that if a patient has questions, she will answer them. You will not feel rushed, which is a nice change! I highly recommend Dr. Cabrera!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

I had a baby last July and requested to see Dr. Cabrera for as many prenatal visits as I could. She was wonderful and VERY caring. My husband also liked her a lot and was comfortable with her as well. I was so upset when she left my current obgyn practice (Annapolis OBGYN) and am contemplating changing over to her new practice. Dr. Cabrera really listens and she went out of her way to assist me with questions/concerns after my pregnancy. While she was at Annapolis OBGYN, I referred several friends to her also and they were very happy with her.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I just got back from an appointment with Dr. Cabrera and she is amazing. She had such a caring bedside manner, I didn't feel like a number at all. In fact,I found her sweet demeanor to be totally different from other doctors I've been to. To address the other reviewer - if you come in with any vaginal infection, they're going to test you for STDs....why? Because the doctor doesn't know you, your husband, or anything else about you. They have to rule out STDs first and foremost. Secondly, they're not going to diagnose and treat a yeast infection unless they know for sure that's what it is. I can't speak to the time frame in which you received treatment, but I had a similar situation and the same thing happened to me. I went in nervous to see Dr. Cabrera because I had read two negatives reviews from you and I was shocked at home great she was. I'm sorry for your experience, but I don't think it gives an accurate description of Dr. Cabrera.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr. Michelle Cabrera is new to the Women's OBGYN Group. I saw her last month because the NP I normally see was away. I have suffered from recurrent yeast infections for the last 6 mths. I went in positive I had another one. Despite reviewing my medical records, she was dismissive & expressed doubt that it was what I had. Although I'm married, she suggested STD testing. When I expressed doubt, she said "Hey, no judgment" as if I wasn't being honest. I let that go & agreed to get tested. She took my labs, didn't treat me & told me to deal with my discomfort until the results came back. This was a Monday. In unbearable pain and discomfort, I called back Thurs & was told - the test was positive for yeast (which I knew) but they needed the doc to call in the meds. Long story short, I didn't hear from her until I called AGAIN Friday. In tears, I begged for medication. I finally got it 1 WEEK after she failed to diagnose me. Dr. Cabrera is uncaring, dismissive and incompetent.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Michelle Cabrera's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)