Ratings for Dr. Barton L. Comstock

He had agreed to take my son's case on as an infant assuring me that he had comfort and experience treating pediatric kidney patients. (My son sees amazing specialists, Dr. Comstock was to be his GP).This was far from the truth. Every time we visited the offices I felt like my son was a spectacle for their staff. My breaking point was when my 2 yr old was covered in a horrible rash. I was continually told that this was an allergic reaction to an antibiotic he'd been on (prophylactically) for his entire life (and still is on to this day 3 years later). A rash is one of the first signs of acute kidney failure. This is something I found out after a trip to Bronson. Thankfully his rash was not kidney failure at this instance. But someone with my child's medical history should have been immediately screened. I have obviously switched doctors being as I no longer trust this man or his staff to act in my sons best medical interest.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

He wasn't assuring and comforting. I came in as a worried first time mom and walked out feeling like I was laughed at for bringing in my daughter to see him.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

We had several bad experiences with this dr.s office. My daughter was given rounds of antibiotics and fungal creams for a rash that she had over the years. We were told chicken pox, shingles but when the rash would reappear they were stumped. Took her to a dermatologist and it was diagnosed as excema. How could a dr his age not be able to diagnose something that common. Very unimpressed.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Barton L. Comstock's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)