Ratings for Dr. Emil A. Stein

Dont know what to make of the prior reviewers experiences, but my visit was quick, thorough, informative, and I would definitely recommend him, in fact, my family have appointments.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

They said they specialized in special needs children. I took my son there, who is in a wheelchair, to get his eyes examined. I saw that my son was the only child in there and Dr. Stein STILL had my son there for over 3 hrs!!!! It took Dr. Stein over an hour to come into the room and say hello, just to say to his staff to dilate my son's eyes. It took another 40 min to come back in and tell his tech to perform another test. The tech had the nerve to lose his patience because by then my son stopped cooperating. He had been up since 6am, been at school all day and we headed straight over there after school. By the time 6pm rolled around I had to stop the nonsense by getting my son out of there, finished or not. ( Which they were NOT) The staff was amazing to us though. But I will NEVER take my son to see Dr. Stein again. You can't take 3+ hours to examine a special needs child. So his prescription for glasses are inaccurate. He was very condescending and just plain rude. He doesn't care about the patient if he is scheduling 5 patients at the same time and piggy backing from room to room.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Awful!! Please do yourself a huge favor and stay away! This guy is unable to communicate with patients. He is arrogant and condescing, and most of all, improperly diagnoses!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Paid $150.00 copay and Dr. Stein spent less than ten minutes with me, never examined my eyes properly. Told me my insurance did not authorize an examination, which was a lie. I have reported him to my network provider.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

dr is abrupt, arrogant, not on time, have tremendous difficulty obtaining records for specialist follow up surgery.example:called his office 12x, no response.about to file formal complaint with med board.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

This office was the absolute WORST service i have ever recieved, i was in the office for about four and a half hours being shuffled room to waiting room to room to room. after explaining i had prior engagements and i did not realize i would be there as long as i was, they proceded to dialate my eyes and keep me waiting for another half hour before seeing the doctor. i was uncomfortable and unhappy with my experience and would never recommend this doctor or his rude staff to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

Dr. Emil A. Stein's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1985)