Ratings for Dr. Louise Garcia

Dr. Louise Garcia is one of a kind. As a baby boomer I invest in my health including finding the best doctors and am so appreciative that Dr. Garcia is part of my medical team. She is kind and listens to me and treats me as a whole person as she puts together a treatment plan, not as a collection of body parts. This coupled with her significant expertise in her field (women's health) makes her a true gem. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an expert in this field.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Garcia is compassionate, extremely gentle during procedures, and listens well. She has done office procedures painlessly which was not the case with my previous doctor. She seems to stay knowledgeable and up-to-date in her specialty.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

I would not recommend this office. Dr's office staff is rude, and inconsistant. It seems they cannot keep track of your next appointment or what it is for. Multiple calls to get it right on more than one occasion. The Dr. should be aware of how her front office treats people, and the numerous mistakes made. Shame on them!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Garcia for more than 10 years. I love her. She always has time for my questions and explains every thing in detail. She has performed both a bladder lift and hysterectomy on me with excellent results and no problems. She is a very caring doctor. Her staff is both welcoming and professional. I am very surprised by the negative reviews as I have numerous friends to whom I have recommend Dr. Garcia and they have all loved her as well. They have thanked me many times for giving them her name.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Garcia for 15 years. She is caring, knowledgable and always has time to answer questions without rushing me out the door. I don't know who these crazy people are rating (or if they are friends of another OBGYN), but it isn't my Dr. Garcia.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

I had been Kathy Pavel's patient when she worked there, without any notice, I come in and get switched to Dr. Garcia. I was not happy about it, but figured why not give her a try. One of my visits, she started to give a sales pitch, asking me if I wanted to "make some extra money." She then began to get very agressive with me and start to pressure and push me towards being in some pyrmid scheme selling phones. She started calling my cell phone and home phone telling me to come over to her house to watch a video. EXTREMLY unprofessional. I never authorized my phone numbers to be used in this manner.On top of this, usually I get a letter in the mail telling me everything is ok. Not this time- I had to come in. I go in, and meet with her- only to tell me everything is ok. Oh, and by the way, was I still interested? Keep in mind, I STILL had to pay the co-pay just to tell me the same thing that the piece of paper that they usually send would have. Avoid Dr. Garcia at all costs.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

I hated going to Dr Garcia I have been to her for the past maybe 4 years and have always continued having issues. she makes u feel crappy about your body, she is careless, she is very imposing and judgemental. my appointments get confused i will go in for one thing and leave with another. she comes off as very fake and one time diagnosed me with something and after years of thinking i had it, i go back to check on it and she was like oh no you dont have that! ITS REALLY annoying i have no idea how she still has an office. her staff is also super rude (well one girl) she will back talk you so be nice to her. pff ill be calling for my records soon. Id rather drive 2 santa barbara or wherever to see pavel.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Have been seeing Dr. Garcia for over 11 years. She is very knowledgeable, compassionate. Her staff is impeccable.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

I'm so glad you stopped seeing her. I've also heard from friends what she did to them. She left something in one of my friends after her hystectomy, and her husband's penis was scratched. This is no joke. Additionally, I also know a woman who's child is severly disabled from negligence from Garcia during labor and delivery.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2010

I almost let her operate on me for a growth on my ovary in 2003 and I'm glad I "fired" her at the last minute. She constantly needed approval about her decisions and interpretation of test results from other doctors in my area and seemed insecure about her abilities. She belittled me when I questioned the logic of her insisting I have a mammogram the day before my ovary surgery when I was supposed to be drinking that stuff that gives you diarrhea to clean you out before they operate. I ended up going to Dr. Michael Hogan who was really the best surgeon I've ever been to as far as laparoscopies go. He removed my ovary due to a non-cancerous growth and it was a very smooth surgery and recovery. After reading here that Dr. Garcia burned someone's bowel during a hysterectomy I'm glad I trusted my instincts and told her I thought she was incompetent. Boy, she sure didn't like to hear that! We had a very ugly conversation....

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

Dr. Louise Garcia's Credentials

• Spanish

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1985)

Commercial Insurance Company