Ratings for Dr. Ona Colasante

I have been her patient for over 8 years, but for a short space in her practice. Now gratefully back to her again in Gainesville. She is so smart and correct in all of her judgements. If I refuse a medicine, she can recommend an alternative. I am also pleased that we have the option of asking for a particular provider to prevent having to repeat stories you had already told. I like the friendliness, knowledge and care that is given to all who go there for help. I have had several different medical problems that she has been able to care for or send me to a great specialist. I appreciate all that she has done for me and hope she will always be available with the great staff that she has now. I cannot imagine life without her. To me, her clinic is another part of my family that I run to when I have a need. As for too many tests, I wonder, can we ever have too many tests? How else can the doctor be sure of a correct diagnosis? Her staff and clinic are an asset to this city.....

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Although I agree with the positive reviews of the DISTANT PAST i.e 2003, it has been a less than satisfactory relationship since then. Paying for unending tests and then having completely MISSED a diagnosis of heart problems for which, two weeks later, I had two stents put in...this was after $800 in two days for tests out of pocket with INSURANCE. I have not seen her face in over three years, just P.A.'s who are very good but for the price I expect to see the doctor's face at least once a year. Requests for unnecessary testing, yes. Most tests done in the office, not for convenience but, it seems, for more dollars in her pocket. Money seems to be the most important part of the visit....me paying it, her getting it. If I had not suggested a visit to a cardiologist I would probably be dead.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

I am new to Dr. Colasante and very thankful for having made a move to her practice. Yes, she does a lot of testing and, in my case, I cannot thank her enough for doing so as she identified a cardiac problem I was not even aware of having and my prior physician never made an effort to discover no matter what symptoms I presented as he basically only did referrals and write prescriptions. Dr. Colasante is very caring and conscientious as is evident not just in her care but the entire environment she and her able staff have created. We are fortunate to have her in our community as she represents what practicing medicine should be about. She surrounds herself with physician's assistants who are very capable in providing her the needed support that allows her to see as many patients for as long as needed while at the same time having someone available to assist whether or not you have an appointment, just walked in, are a returning patient or totally new to her office. Thank you!!!!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Contrary, to previous posts, NOT knowledgeable, except in the area of pushing uneccessary tests, like hearing, or B12 shots. Four visits, and each time, a different person (PAs) so each visit, was like I had never been seen, before. Had to ARGUE, with Dr Colasante, when she told me, I was HYPERTHYROID, with a TSH of 13.02. After a 5 minute discussion, she finally said, "Oh, yeah, I got that backwards. We need to INCREASE, not DECREASE, your medication." Coming from a medical family, I was SHOCKED. Four visits, each with a different 'diagnosis', but all starting off, with, "Would you like a hearing test today? What about a chest X-ray!?", was ENOUGH! Unfortunately, this is a medically underserved area, and people have to drive quite a distance, to seek medical care. The office staff, VERY NICE, and HELPFUL. The medical staff, NOT!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2007

A great Doctor who takes the time to listen to her patients. She goes above and beyond what is needed when you visit her. She listens and actually hears what you are saying as a patient. My family and I will not use visit another doctors office, unless referred there by Dr C.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2006

Excellent, trusted doctor. Always aware of latest info. on anything I asked, listened to my opinions without interrupting or trying to 2nd guess me, and generally took whatever time was necessary. Poor business woman. Office mismanaged. Fees too high--partly as a result of not being a Blue Options provider. I want to know why BCBS will not accept her in this program but I can get no answers from them. So I Am looking for a new doctor unfortunately. I feel this will cause a big lack of continuity in my health care.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

Dr. Ona Colasante's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• Blue Cross Idaho