Ratings for Dr. Christopher Duma

My breast cancer traveled to my brain. I had 6 tumors. Dr. Duma took care of all of them! One was so big he had to do brain surgery to remove it, the others he did radiosurgery with the gamma knife. Dr. Duma is a neurosurgeon specialist, the top in his field. My last MRI showed my brain free of cancer, thank you Dr. Duma!! I always felt that I was in the best of hands with Dr. Duma and his entire staff. Dr. Duma and his team, the Hoag Brain and Spine Surgeons of Orange County, deserve a higher rating than excellent...they are miracle workers, and just downright amazing!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2019

Dr Duma was the neurosurgeon on call when I was admitted to Hoag ER for a brain bleed. He saved my life. My family and I are very grateful to him and can’t thank him enough for all he has done for us.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2019

Excellent doctor. None better. Highly recommend. He has been treating me since 2003.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2019

Dr Duma and his marvelous team got me tumor free (4 tumors!) within 6 weeks of diagnosis. Two surgeries and gamma knife therapy and I was only in the hospital a total of 4 days and missed only one week of work. He and his team were efficient, warm, friendly and optimistic. I love these people! Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

Dr. Duma removed 15 Metatastic Brain tumors from my husbands brain & 2 years later none have returned. He is a positive knowledgeable surgeon that does not make a prognosis he cannot deliver. Highest recommendation without reserve. Hoag & all affiliates are top notch.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

As a recently retired attorney who defended, and sues, physicians over 42 years, I came to appreciate the superior physicians from the rest. A malignant brain tumor was diagnosed in me in 2015, and Dr. Duma performed two craniotomies, and a recent IV shunt placement, all of which were necessitated by the aggressive nature of the brain tumor itself. I am now symptom-free from what had been intractable pain. Dr. Duma's medical knowledge and surgical technique are absolutely superb. I highly recommend him for consultation and and surgery. Also important is the fact that Dr. Duma's staff is very professional and responsive.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I am a 69 year old retired man. Approximately two years ago I started having touble with my balance and walking. These symptoms got much worse over time and before long I was falling down on a regular basis. Out of nowhere I became incontinent on a daily basis and not able to concentrate or remember how to perform simple tasks such as typing on my computer or reading. My regular doctor suggested that I see a neurologist. I made an appointment with a neurologist through my HMO at the first opportunity. His diagnosis was that I was in the beginnning stage of Parkinson's. I wasn't very happy with that diagnosis so I made an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN to get a second opinion with their neurologist. I spent eight days at the Mayo Clinic having virtually every test under the sun, such as a spinal puncture, probes stuck into my legs, blood work, interviews and MRIs. I was even filmed walking to see how bad my gait was. after the spinal fluid withdrawal. At the end of my eight day stay at Mayo the doctors hinted that I may have Hydrocephalus, but they weren't willing to treat me for it at that time. I left Mayo feeling very disappointed that they couldn't help me even though my MRI clearly showed that the ventricals in my brain were very enlarged. I went back home and felt very desperate that no one would help me. A couple of months later, by pure coincidence, a freind of a friend was introduced to me in a restaurant. The first words out of her mouth were "looks like you have the same symptoms I had last year " and I was treated by a man by the name of Dr. Christopher Duma at the Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach. For the first time in two years I felt there was actually someone out there who could help me. I contacted Dr. Duma right away and made an appointment. The rest is history. He installed a shunt in my head and every one of my terrible symptoms disappeared the next day. I am now able to do everything that I used to do ten years ago, including WALKING, driving and dancing. I am no longer incontinent, no longer confused, no memory loss and finally have my appetite back after two years. Basically I can now do anything I want to do. I am cured and can now live a normal life! I could go on and on about how great of a man and surgeon Dr. Duma is, but I'll just let this testimonial speak for itself. Dr. Duma you're the greatest! By the way Doctor Duma has a very professional, wonderful, caring staff. Christin, Dr. Duma's Physician's Assistant is also at the top of her game and just as wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Best brain specialist in Orange County . Awesome doctor and staff

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

very thourough friendly and effiecent, would recommend him to everyone

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Dr. Duma is both pleasant and thorough. He willingly answers any questions and thoroughly explains any and all procedures and possible outcomes. He never seems to be in a rush to get you through your appointment and makes sure you understand and are comfortable with what he has explained to you.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr. Christopher Duma's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)