Ratings for Dr. Joseph E. Vaccarella

Just plain creeped me out. He talked so fast and didn't really listen or seem to care about my conditions. I will never go back to any doctor in this Chesapeake office... even if my search for a new doctor is hard.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

No communication skills! This guy acts like he doesn't really care about the patient at all. He is condescending, a braggart (he spouted off that he has 6,000 patients -- yeah, and it feels like it!), confrontational, and uncaring. Even if a doc doesn't really care about you -- he/she should be skilled enough to at least act like it. I will not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Uncommunicative and does not listen to patient needs. A dismissive "doctor" that easily ranks as one of the worst providers I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

He has been my PCP for years. He has always been there for me and my family. He is a great dr and listens to you and actually helps you with whatever your issue may be.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Vaccarella for about 9 years now and have always found him to be friendly and compassionate. Sometimes I may need to wait but for most part he is usually on time. In regards to reviewer that said he made them wait I bet it was because he took some time with some patients who needed more time as he tries to address your issues once you see him. Last year I was in his waiting room when there was an emergency involving one of his patients who was transported to the local ER. I had to wait longer than usual during that visit but I understand. I have referred several of my friends and family to Dr Vaccarella over the years and we all love him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

I waited an hour for my appointment today. He advised me others shared the same wait however; spent 20 minutes chatting with his female staff. Mr. Vaccarella was rude to me as well. He's been my PCP for 4 yrs and never had any problems in the past. We all get backed up with work but at least apologize for the lengthy wait. I will find a new provider for my family.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Simply the best. All below reviews say it all except for whomever rated him with a 1.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I would not recommend this doctors office to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr Vaccarella Goes to my church and he is a kind and caring man .

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I found Dr. Vaccarella on this site (ratemd.com) and saw he had excellent reviews so I made an appointment with him to get my back checked out from a car accident. I had my first appointment with him today and he is extremely personable and listens. He was even a little silly which helped minimize the anxiety I was having seeing a new doctor. I told him I found him on this website and that he had amazing reviews and he was flattered but surprised that he has never heard of this website. Anyway, Dr. Vaccarella, if you ever read these reviews, thank you for being down to earth and not trying to shove a bunch of medicines on me to fix my health with a "bandaid" approach. I wish more doctors were as humble and kind as you. Oh, and the receptionists at the front were very nice, too. Such a refreshing experience today. :)

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Joseph E. Vaccarella's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1992)