Ratings for Dr. Scott K. Silvia

Dr. Silvia is AMAZING! He works WITH me to manage my health and doesn't try to control everything to his satisfaction. He doesn't pretend to know everything and is willing to say "I don't know but I'll find out." or "Let's try this. If it doesn't work, there are other options." He is knowledgeable, punctual, informative, interested, listens and, talks TO rather than AT me. In my opinion (and coming from a medical family background I have some understanding of the field) he is the best Family MD in the city. His staff, on the other hand, need to find employment in a field that does NOT require public contact. They are rude and unresponsive to patient needs and questions. They never do a job right the first time - you literally have to SIT on them to get simple referrals completed so you can go to the specialists and labs that Dr. Silvia wants you to see. Getting an appointment is an extreme exercise in Jobe-like tolerance. I mean, I understand if a patient is coming in for a general physical or non-emergency visit. BUT, even when you are truly and seriously ill, the attitude is - "Well, we can make you an appointment in three weeks or you can come in at 8:00 am and the Doctor might be able to see you sometime tomorrow." What a piss poor attitude! No compassion or concern at all! It seems to me that a medical office would build in a set number of emergency walk-in appointments so that there is always time to see someone who is truly ill. Perhaps not in the normal 15 minutes that happens when you have an appointment, but, at least within an hour. At the very least, they should show some courtesy, compassion and attention to detail that will ensure the patient is properly cared for. On the whole, I agree with the person who reported on August 16 - the staff treat patients like an annoyance and an unwanted interruption to their day. They REALLY don't belong in the health-care business. Dr. Silvia - please find some staff that cares about the patients as much as you do! The staff you have now is giving you a bad name!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

The staff here has always been uncaring and impolite. Even with an important health issue no attempt is made to help you any quicker and even with a simple thing there are so many loopholes to jump through and apparently no desire to help the patient - the whole purpose of a doctor's office. They should get out of the health care business.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

The office staff is uncooperative making it very difficult to refill prescriptions.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

The doctor is GREAT. His staff, on the other hand is sullen and, generally, unhelpful. You can't leave a message -verbal or written - and expect it to get to the Doctor. Making an appointment is nearly impossible if you have anything reasonably urgent. That said, wait time in the office are reasonable and short compared to other doctors. PLUS, once you get to the Doctor, it is amazing. He is knowledgeable, helpful, explains everything, advises on alternatives and is NOT in the pocket of Big Pharma. He is very much worth putting up with the less-than-caring staff.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I just recently became a patient, and received quality and excellent health information.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

The worst staff ever. Have been very rude for years and we just looked past it bc Dr was excellent. Last week we went in to get blood drawn and they said he changed the policy and we would have to to see him first. Last time we saw him he told us to just walk anytime after fasting all night. With my husband working only nights this is very hard but he did. We got no notice at all and were turned away. The girls are very rude and talk to you like you are beneath them. They said my husband was being vulgar and screaming bc he got madand that is not true. I was standing next to him and I didn't here anything. Next thing I know is thay they dropped n us. We got a letter in the mail telling us they can't provide us care anymore. They can treat you anyway they want and then if you try to defend yourself you just get dropped as a patient. Stay awawy. Impossible to talk to dr. without getting through staff. Stay away.. bottom line.great dr. with the worst rudest staff ever. Not worth it.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Notice this Dr only has 3 good ratings from 2009-2011. Now in 2013, he is not a good Dr anymore. He WAS a good Dr back then, but I emphasize WAS. He has changed. I do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Silvia used to be an excellent Dr. with a great bedside manner, however, the last couple of years his bedside manner has steadily declined. His staff has also gotten very rude. He is very consumed with loosing money due to the Obama Administration & talks about it constantly. Now he talks more about himself than caring about his patient's issues. He rarely approves refills if you run out, won't even give you a few days. He backs you up into a corner & you have no choice but to go in & pay the famous $100 he charges so you can get your meds. He has so many rules that all revolve around making you come in to the office. He gives you as few refills on your medications as he can so you’re forced to go in when you don't need to. I do not know what has happened to him to make him not care about his patients anymore. I definitely do not recommend him anymore. He has a bad case of forgetting his patients can make him a success or a failure. My entire family is changing to another Dr.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Except for his front desk staff & medical assnt. that could use some customer service training & personality, this doc is pleasant, easy to talk to, spends time w/you & tries to get down to the cause of your problem before just treating the symptoms & sending you on your way. Very fond of him & his n.p. Barbara.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Very good doctor. He takes his time with you and asks questions until he narrows down the diagnosis. Wait time is good. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr. Scott K. Silvia's Credentials

• Universidad Central Del Caribe Escuela De Medicina (Grad. 1996)