Ratings for Dr. Steven W. Stratton

I have gone to Steve on and off over the past five years. He has always been helpful, has a great perspective, and tells it like it is. I appreciate his candor and realistic approach to therapy.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Stratton tends to hang onto clients way too long. I would not recommend him for marriage counseling, it ended up being more hurtful. He has his own wounds that play out in counseling if you push his buttons, I felt exploited by him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

My husband (at the time) and I went to see Dr. Stratton. We were referred to him by other couples that had success with his counseling. First of all, psychologists are not miracle workers - the two people involved need to take responsibility for themselves and the situation they're in. We saw Dr. Stratton as a couple and individually. He asked hard questions, took good notes and was able to get to the bottom of root issues. He wasn't able to "save" the failing marriage I was in - but he was able to help me see things differently and work through personal issues. I am 100% positive that my ex-husband wouldn't write the same review because we are now divorced. But I am thankful to Dr. Stratton for not promising the world, not expecting the best outcome and not putting pressure on us (me) that everything was going to be ok. He promised to help, and that is exactly what he did - help me!! He doesn't accept insurance and his office visit is high, but he is good at what he does!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Stratton has helped me through some difficult situations and I think overall he is a good therapist. I did not expect for the process to take as long as it did, but I don't have any other experience to compare it to. I have seen him both as an individual and with my husband and I think he may be more effective for one person rather than a couple. I did not want to rate his staff because he has none, but the form insisted on a rating. He does not have a receptionist, so he makes his own appointments and takes his own phone calls. He also does not accept insurance which may be a deterent for some people.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

I cannot recommend Steve Stratton for counseling. His process and ability to get to the heart of the matter between my former husband and myself was questionable at best. In my 21 year marriage, we had been to several counselors at various times and I can honestly say, Steve Stratton was the worst and actually hurtful rather than helpful. If you want to work towards healing in any relationship, I would recommend finding someone besides Steve Stratton.

Submitted December 18, 2012