Ratings for Dr. Brian D. Draayer

My recent experience with Brewer Dental Center was simply a nightmare. I had a filling put in on 6/15/16. During the appointment I first saw my regular dentist, then after he examined me another dentist came in to do the work. They pulled the old switcheroo. I said it was "OK" because I was in pain and didn't want to drive in again from 45+ miles out of town. The procedure was difficult and too a long time. As soon as the shot wore off, I was in excruciating pain. I have had little dental work done and I thought this was normal. It was NOT normal. It continued for the next 12 days. I had little sleep and missed a lot of work. 3 days after the filling was put in, I had an emergency appointment because I was in so much pain. The dentist at Brewer heights told me right away that the pain was from the filling being put in too close to the nerve. He gave me an injection in my mouth and the relief was so sudden and complete that tears just rand down my face. I was sent home. 2 days after this appointment, I had another appointment where the dentist told me how great the filling was and pointed away from the side where the filling was too close to the nerve. I feel he was being deceptive. He said I would need a root canal to kill the nerve and get rid of the pain. He gave me a shot in my mouth and didn't wait for me to get numb before working on my teeth. He then said maybe the tooth was hitting too hard on the opposing teeth and proceeded to grind down the tooth and GRIND DOWN THE OPPOSING TEETH. This seemed unnecessary. I left this appointment somewhat confused and a bit angry. The numbing started after I left on my way home. This work didn't help with the pain I was feeling. I then scheduled an appointment with MY REGULAR DENTIST to have a root canal. The appointment was cancelled and I had so much trouble getting an appointment that would fit my schedule that I decided to go to another Dental Office. I had my appointment with the new dentist on 6/27/16. After careful review I decided to pull the tooth because it was questionable that a root canal would work. It had an abscess under the tooth that wasn't there before my Brewer Dental Center visits. After the tooth was pulled we discovered that the tooth was so compromised that it couldn't have been saved any way. The filling had blood contamination under it and the tooth would have failed with a root canal. I am now asking Brewer Dental Center to pay my new dentist to put in an implant where that tooth was. As I said, just a nightmare. 12 Days of zapping, throbbing, electrical tooth pain was just NUTS.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

The system at Brewer Dental Center seems directed toward pushing you to have more and more expensive treatments for one problem.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Wonderful Doctor. Did wonders for my dental anxiety.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr. Draayer and his assistant Tiffany are an amazing team I won't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015