Ratings for Dr. Kevin J. Nurmi

Dr. Nurmi is a great general physician. He is extremely knowledgeable and was pivotal in diagnosing my condition.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Nurmi is a fine physician, however, he is not worth putting up with his poor office staff. Doctors can run late at times but the last few times I have had an appointment, I have had to wait 1 to 1.5 hours to be seen (not making up these times!). Despite calling ahead and asking for his status, I was forced to wait long periods of time because his staff allegedly did not know where he was on his patient schedule. If you are looking for a good doctor, he is one. If you do not wish to feel like a number or that THEY are doing a you a favor for even seeing you, I would strongly suggest you look for medical care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Nurmi is an extremely kind and caring doctor. Has been my internist for 10 years and he is the greatest. He always takes the time to listen to you and talk about what is bothering you. He will always discuss your problems with specialists and has taken excellent care of my health.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Nurmi has been my physician for over 10 years. Always listens and takes the time to talk about why I am there and possible solutions. Has never once pushed pills unless it was something like an infection. Very caring man who wants to help. I can't say enough good about the guy.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

During visits would not/did not listen well; more interested in "pushing pills" than in finding accurate cause for symptoms. Dismissive. Went to another doctor who listened, tested, and immediately diagnosed problem estimated to have been in existence for approx. five years! Very disappointing experience and would not recommend. Three family members have discontinued seeing this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Nurmi for years and he has been thorough, patient and informative.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2008

He was good when we first started going to him but the last year or so of seeing him he didn't show sincerety. When my husband tried to discuss the reasons for his appointment, Dr Nurmi did not listen to my husbands needs. He kinda had that shrugged it of appearence. Was not taking things very serious when my husband made attempts to discuss why he was feeling the way he was feeling. His solution was to take a pill, but not to find out WHY certains physical things were ocurring.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

Best around, very compassionate

flag | Submitted November 10, 2006

Dr. Kevin J. Nurmi's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Troy, MI