Ratings for Dr. Karim A. Touijer

We met Dr. Touijer for the first time in 2008. His caring and treatment were amazing. He performed a retro peritoneal lymph node dissection and was extremely thorough in his care and explanation of what he did. My husband is now a patient of his with another cancer issue. We just met again and my feelings have not changed. He is caring, informative and looking for the best possible option for his patient.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr. Touijer is the best prostate and kidney cancer surgeon in NYC and possibly the world. He saved my father’s life from stage 4 prostate cancer. After 2 surgeries my father was back to normal within 6 months. My family is eternally grateful to him and the team at Sloan-Kettering Hospital.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

It has been 4 years since my laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. I had no incontinence or impotence since the surgery. My PSA is under 005 to this day. He is the best choice of surgeons I could have ever selected. Thank you Dr. Touijer !

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Dr Touijer is a rockstar! His compassionate manner and professionalism complement his incredible skill. Thank you, Doc!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

As the wife of a man who was diagnosed with prostate cancer, I felt scared, confused and helpless. When we started doing research and met with different doctors talking about options, Dr. Touijer and his staff made us feel like we were in the best possible hands. The care we received from our very first fast tracked consultation, through surgery and follow up was, and continues to be, top notch. Recovery was smooth and everything is as it should be 10 months post op. Yes, you can sometimes wait a long time in the waiting room but once you are called in, you are made to feel like the only patient they are seeing that day. MSK uses a holistic approach to treatment so all testing, etc. is coordinated for you. Both my husband and I very heartily recommend Dr. Touijer.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I read a lot about prostate surgery and my experience with Dr. Touijer is that my recovery was on the better side of good in all instances. He is a skilled surgeon, took time to explain everything, and I felt I was in the best of hands with him. The staff at Memorial Sloan Kettering is professional, polite and caring. If you are diagnosed with prostate cancer Dr. Touijer and Memorial Sloan Kettering are your best choice in my opinion.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

Today is my 9 month anniversary of the removal of my prostate by Dr. Touijer. I was very nervous to come to SK because "everyone has cancer" I dont want to be with them!Thank god I did. If it wasnt for his expertise and experience most surgeons would have turned me down when additional tests showed my cancer had spread. He said he felt he could still get it all and maintain margins. He still remembers my only request. "Please make it so I can one day see and play with my future grandchildren(my daughter is only 20!)"Well that is why i feel so lucky today. I have had three PSA screenings all were 0! I urge anyone unlucky enough to have prostate cancer like me(at 57!) to seek him out and have all procedures done at MSKCC. It saved my life and I love all the staff and how I was and still am being treated!feel free to email me at MG522@aol.com if you want it firsthand. Good luck to all.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

From my first meeting with Dr Touijer, I knew that I had made the right choice of the surgeon who would perform my prostatectomy. He was through and gentle in his explanation of what I could expect post operatively. My wife was with me at our meeting, and she was immediately put at ease after Dr Touijer's time with us. He gave us over an hour of consultation time, and, believe me, I asked evry question possible. I knew, after leaving his office, that I was in the best hands possible; literally. My hospital experience at MSK was as free from stress as I could have hoped. The surgery went well, and after six months, I can report that I am functioning in all of the important ways, and that there have been no extraordinary side effects of the surgery. My follow up visits have been as my first visit; I am treated with respect and kindness by all of the staff at MSK and it is delightful to confer with Dr Touijer and to report that his skill and dedication have given me back my health

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

from the start to the end, Dr Touijer and his staff at Memorial delivered the most outstanding care!!! he is dedicated to his patient, honnest and through his meticulous surgery gave me the best results.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

He is extremely compassionate and was able to save 60% of my husbands kidney function when removing a renal cell ca laproscopically. He was also quite handsome and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007