Ratings for Dr. Gary A. Gonya

With progressive back pain, Gary didn't even take an X-Ray. He gave me some pseudo-psychological babble that firstly he's unqualified to do since he didn't know me from a hole in the wall, and then went on to tell me that my back pain, which was later, by a real doctor proved to be arthritis was due to unresolved emotional baggage. He said he couldn't help me and wasted my time entirely. He may be a good mechanic, but I as a diagnostician, he is the worst doctor I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Not just a doctor, a very caring person. Takes time to listen to you and does not brush you off. I would highly recomend this doctor to anyone with back problems. He will point out that with back problems there is no quick fix and that treatment will take time. I have seen him for 3 seperate injuries now, two of which ended up requiring surgery and should I have back problems again will only return to his office.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

I see Dr. Gonya in his Massapequa practice and he's a very nice, helpful and REASSURING doctor! He doesnt just see you for a minute and walks out, he takes his time and asks questions, and you do the same to him. A lot of docs I have been to seem very big headed, and he is very down to earth! Not that this matters, but he's also extremely good looking! haha

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Very Knowledgeable, Ive been a patient with Orlin & Cohen for a couple of years.Dr.Gonya moved to a new practice which I was so happy to stumble across since I find him one if not the best Dr. Ive seen when it comes to treating and communicating.(hes now in Massapequa)

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

one of the nicest doctors out there..esp being a surgeon. so down to earth , so polite, so compassionate and VERY cute !!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

Very polite and caring. Listened to my concerns,helped me to understand my condition and explained course of treatment. Best ortho I've ever seen, and from 2 car accidents I've seen many.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

Genuinly, a really nice guy. To the point and great bedside manner. He did both of my back surgeries and I am already back at the gym and feeling pretty good.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007

Dr. Gonya started out nice in the beginning. He was patient and answered any questions. After seeing him a few times things turn around and his favorite words were grin and bear it! The staff were polite each time I went to see him.They never kept me waiting.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

Best doctor I've ever seen - and good looking, too.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2006

Thorough and to the point, compassionate and clear, very efficient office too!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2006

Dr. Gary A. Gonya's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1998)