Ratings for Dr. Harry Potasznik

Why did my review from a month ago disappear?? I noticed any review that is even remotely negative is removed. I am seriously doubting the credibility of this site.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

I've met with Dr. Potasznik three times when I was 24 and going through a rough relationship. He was so gracious and gave me the tools for me to see life through a different set of eyes. I always remembered how he was attentive when telling a story - his questions were asked at the right times and they were thought provocative. I am now recently single, 29, and just booked my next appointment with him which I am very much looking forward to. I feel that he is an old soul, and especially for my type of issue which I wish to speak to him about (male to male relationships) he provides great insight and makes you ponder about the meaning of your issues further. Highly recommended, and I cannot wait to see you next. A

Submitted January 12, 2018

I met Dr. Potasznik after a move back to Toronto from western Canada. He helped me realize the extent to which I had been running, not to mention self-medicating, to deal with deeply troubling childhood familial relations. Dr. Potasznik is patient, knowledgeable, and kind when you need him to be, but will challenge you when necessary. His insight and experience helped me change my life and realize who it is I wish to be. My time with Dr. Potasznik was transformative, and I can’t thank him enough for his help.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I have seen Dr Potasznik for just over two years for times of high stress and anxiety from work and relationships. I was fairly new to therapy, only having seen one other therapist on two separate occasions. When I went to see Dr Potasznik for the first time, he was friendly, attentive and most importantly to me he was honest, knowledgeable and intelligent. He helped me with better understanding my anxieties and in working out situations to which I felt so deep inside my head about and at a loss for solutions. He is clear and is easy to talk to. Every time I've seen Dr. Potasznik I've left with a clearer mind and back on a healthy, forward moving path. I recently returned to see Dr. Potasznik with my significant other for couple therapy. Our very relationship which is mutually loving and very enjoyable, has come to a strenuous point and needs attention from a third party who is educated and able to help us to understand each other better than we are able to do on our own. It was my partners first time seeing a therapist and Dr Potasznik listened and navigated us through conversations we were not able to connect on our own. We both left the session feeling better about each other and working on our relationship together. We will be back to continue growing our relationship with better a understanding. for each other.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I met Dr. Potasznik a few months ago and have gained tremendously from our sessions. During a time in my life when I felt stressed and stuck in old patterns, Dr. Potasznik helped me to work through my difficulties and to find new strength and self-confidence. I will be forever grateful for the honest, clear guidance that I received from this highly intelligent, kind individual. I feel a renewed sense of purpose moving forward and have Dr. Potasznik in large part to thank for this.

Submitted November 18, 2017

Dr. Potasznik helped me for almost two years after returning to work from a stress leave. Thanks to Dr. P I was able to manage the situation until I retired and I made a very happy and healthy transition. He is sympathetic but a diplomatic straight shooter. My sense of self-worth came out of the cellar. All of that was exactly what I was looking for.

Submitted June 19, 2017

I have seen Dr. Potasznik for about a year. I went to him after my anxiety and depression required me to take some time off work. He helped me set goals, get back to work, and to push myself to look at some toxic and unhelpful patterns and influences in my life. He is experienced, extremely intelligent and really insightful. If you are confused by other less complimentary reviews about him on this site, you should know that you will connect with this doctor only if you truly want to do the work to get better. He will call you out and will not let you avoid issues or wallow in your own self pity. He does recognize that some things hurt, but is there to help you work through them, not to coddle you. This results-oriented therapy was exactly what I needed, and with Dr. Potasznik's navigation, I am better than I have ever been, and I am extremely grateful to him.

Submitted May 29, 2017

My experience with Dr. Harry Potasznik dates back to the late 1990's, plus I have returned to him for help with a current issue - he is a caring, empathetic individual who always takes the time needed to help to get to the root of the problem. His professional expertise, combined with his caring and supportive attitude, was instrumental in helping me through a divorce plus provided a solid foundation which allowed me to safely process childhood issues. I couldn't recommend him more highly and will always turn to him in a situation where professional services are required to support me in living my life to the fullest.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I've been meaning to write this review for a while now. I went to Dr. Potasznik at a point in my life when I was feeling very low. A serious 8 year relationship had just ended along with other various issues. I had one decent session with him where I explained everything I was going through and all my history. In the very next session he fell asleep in the middle of our conversation. It was very strange, he kept waking up, asking me something that made no sense after what I had previously said and then falling asleep again. He then ended the session 20 minutes early with no explanation and still charged me the full amount. It was only after I sent him an email telling him I was very confused as to what had happened and asked him to please reschedule in the future if he was that tired, that he explained why he had fallen asleep. He was very apologetic and asked me to come back for another session free of charge. I thought that was the decent thing to do and agreed. He then proceeded to cancel my next session twice at the last minute without even an apology - his email cancellations were very abrupt (one sentence). I found the whole experience very unprofessional especially at a time when you're already feeling vulnerable and I would not recommend this therapist to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I have been having extreme anxiety/panic, suffered immense childhood trauma and needed the support and expertise of a professional to help me continue to navigate my life as it was getting too difficult. The greatest challenge was who to see and how to find someone. I looked at RateMD website and saw that Dr. Heinmaa was #1 with 12 reviews dating back to 2008 and Dr. Potasznik was #2 with 54 reviews all since 2011. I was hesitant as there was a somewhat scathing review on Dr. Potasznik dealing with very similar issues as myself but since he had over three times the amount of reviews and all more recent I tried him. My first visit told me immediately that I had made the right choice. Dr. Potasznik was kind, empathetic, intelligent and challenging. Not only was he attentive, he also interacted in such a supportive way I found myself feeling safe and opening up. I see him now on a consistent basis and value his support, feedback and insights. Working in an emotional place is not an easy thing to do but I am already feeling the benefits from putting in the work. Dr. Potasznik's skill has become evident through our interaction and through my tears, anger, rage and guilt I have cleared enough space to find a little happiness. My issues are complex, they go back far and are complicated. I will be in therapy for quite awhile and I am grateful to Dr. Potasznik for having the skill and commitment to help me address my issues successfully.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016