Ratings for Dr. Harry Potasznik

I highly recommend Dr Potasznik. I learned about him through this website. I was going through a second bout of depression when I reached out. I had learned from my first experience and knew I needed help. Dr Harry answered the phone the first time and listened with compassion; he made himself available immediately to see me. I saw him for 15 sessions earlier this year. Over that time he worked with me to set practical goals, held me accountable and got me back on my feet. I am forever grateful and will continue to check in with him. I felt he was genuinely interested and invested in my well being. I have no doubt you will find the same.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

Through your EAP at work originally some 15 years ago for marital counselling. Unfortunately after much effort the relationship did not work out however therapy was helpful to sort out issues and make the separation more manageable. I found myself returning years later for other reasons this time pertaining to work stress and harassment in the workplace. I have been a client on and off for quite some time and have found that Dr. Potasznik has been both sensitive and constructive in assisting me find solutions to critical life issues and I do continue to seek him out as needed. I am grateful that he has been in my life in this capacity and would most definitely recommend him to to others seeking psychological services. I would rate him as a 10 out of 10 but 5 is as high as this site permits !

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

I was originally referred to Dr. Potasznik by my son who was his patient nearly 20 yrs. ago. After a number of physical in my life including cancer and a heart attack I realized that I had to deal with my life long anxiety and stress. I had difficulty sleeping coping with stressful situations and found myself frequently having suicidal thoughts. I working with Dr. P there were many relisations about how I developed a specific coping style that was harmful to my mental health. Therapy has resulted in a significant decrease in anxiety,improved sleep and the absence of suicidal thought. His help has been invaluable to me and my relationships in general. I am most greatful to him for his skills,expertise and warmth. We continue to meet on a monthly basis to ensure my good health. Thanks again Dr. P you saved my life I will be forever indeted to you. Highly recommended psychologist.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

I have had Dr. Potasznik in my life for a few years. I don’t know what I would’ve done without his help and insight. He helped me through my car accident, problems with my work environment and generally all life issues. He allowed me to be open and comfortable. He is sometimes direct but honest and is overall there to help you. I feel he genuinely cares about his patients and wants them to do well in life. He can be hilarious and is just a great guy to talk to. I highly recommend him. Thank You :)

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I've met with Dr. Potasznik three times when I was 24 and going through a rough relationship. He was so gracious and gave me the tools for me to see life through a different set of eyes. I always remembered how he was attentive when telling a story - his questions were asked at the right times and they were thought provocative. I am now recently single, 29, and just booked my next appointment with him which I am very much looking forward to. I feel that he is an old soul, and especially for my type of issue which I wish to speak to him about (male to male relationships) he provides great insight and makes you ponder about the meaning of your issues further. Highly recommended, and I cannot wait to see you next. A

Submitted January 12, 2018

I met Dr. Potasznik after a move back to Toronto from western Canada. He helped me realize the extent to which I had been running, not to mention self-medicating, to deal with deeply troubling childhood familial relations. Dr. Potasznik is patient, knowledgeable, and kind when you need him to be, but will challenge you when necessary. His insight and experience helped me change my life and realize who it is I wish to be. My time with Dr. Potasznik was transformative, and I can’t thank him enough for his help.

Submitted January 11, 2018

I have seen Dr Potasznik for just over two years for times of high stress and anxiety from work and relationships. I was fairly new to therapy, only having seen one other therapist on two separate occasions. When I went to see Dr Potasznik for the first time, he was friendly, attentive and most importantly to me he was honest, knowledgeable and intelligent. He helped me with better understanding my anxieties and in working out situations to which I felt so deep inside my head about and at a loss for solutions. He is clear and is easy to talk to. Every time I've seen Dr. Potasznik I've left with a clearer mind and back on a healthy, forward moving path. I recently returned to see Dr. Potasznik with my significant other for couple therapy. Our very relationship which is mutually loving and very enjoyable, has come to a strenuous point and needs attention from a third party who is educated and able to help us to understand each other better than we are able to do on our own. It was my partners first time seeing a therapist and Dr Potasznik listened and navigated us through conversations we were not able to connect on our own. We both left the session feeling better about each other and working on our relationship together. We will be back to continue growing our relationship with better a understanding. for each other.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I met Dr. Potasznik a few months ago and have gained tremendously from our sessions. During a time in my life when I felt stressed and stuck in old patterns, Dr. Potasznik helped me to work through my difficulties and to find new strength and self-confidence. I will be forever grateful for the honest, clear guidance that I received from this highly intelligent, kind individual. I feel a renewed sense of purpose moving forward and have Dr. Potasznik in large part to thank for this.

Submitted November 18, 2017

Dr. Potasznik helped me for almost two years after returning to work from a stress leave. Thanks to Dr. P I was able to manage the situation until I retired and I made a very happy and healthy transition. He is sympathetic but a diplomatic straight shooter. My sense of self-worth came out of the cellar. All of that was exactly what I was looking for.

Submitted June 19, 2017

I have seen Dr. Potasznik for about a year. I went to him after my anxiety and depression required me to take some time off work. He helped me set goals, get back to work, and to push myself to look at some toxic and unhelpful patterns and influences in my life. He is experienced, extremely intelligent and really insightful. If you are confused by other less complimentary reviews about him on this site, you should know that you will connect with this doctor only if you truly want to do the work to get better. He will call you out and will not let you avoid issues or wallow in your own self pity. He does recognize that some things hurt, but is there to help you work through them, not to coddle you. This results-oriented therapy was exactly what I needed, and with Dr. Potasznik's navigation, I am better than I have ever been, and I am extremely grateful to him.

Submitted May 29, 2017