Ratings for Harry Potasznik

I am a physician practicing in Toronto and have been a colleague of Dr. Potasznik since he opened his private practice 25 years ago. Over that length of time I have referred quite a number of patients to him for psychological problems of all kinds and have even sent some friends of mine for assistance. The feedback I have received has been excellent overall with adjectives used such as kind, caring, empathic, knowledgeable and effective. I am pleased to have him as a resource and will continue referring patients to him in the future.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2019

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Potasznik when my wife and I worked with him over several months in couples therapy. He has a very direct, honest and results-oriented style. With Dr. P there is very limited time spent on navel-gazing and psycho-babble, but rather the focus is on identifying core issues and problematic behaviours and developing strategies and tactics to change things for the better. As someone who was very skeptical of the value of therapy due to previously poor experiences, I found that Dr. P’s practical and tangible advice to be insightful and profoundly helpful for me in addressing and acting to change several negative behaviours and patterns in my relationship and in my life in general.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2019

Unhelpful, expensive, dangerous in crisis. Crossed the professionalism line.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2019

Not a positive experience as everyone else. Probably a wrong fit .

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

Dr H is caring, thoughtful and listens. He first gets to know you and then works with you. He makes himself available and doesn’t rush you out. It is clear he is committed to his patients. Thank you Dr. H.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2019

My husband and I were referred by another couple friends of ours for marital therapy with Dr Potasznik. After 25 years of marriage and several children, we were ready to separate. However, we both thought to give therapy a final try. I must say that the experience was most enriching to discover how we suffered for years acting out our parents’ respective marriages and unaware how invested we were in our conflicts. With the help and direction of Dr Potasznik, we became acutely aware of our destructive communication patterns and began to expose ourselves emotionally more to each other. He used a number of techniques including reading of articles, exercises and podcasts to stimulate discussions. He provided a safe and informative place for us that has led to a new marriage between us. Thanks Dr P.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2019

Spent quite a few months working through a serious personal problem. Dr. Potasznik was engaged, attentive, and shrewd navigating me through my own issues to a place of clarity, understanding and I was able to embrace myself and the part I play in my own life. I have referred many co-workers, family and friend to him and I believe he truly has what it takes to help them through the challenges life throws at us. I know one Aunt who did go to see him and she said he is marvellous as well!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2019

I saw Dr. Potasznik over 10 years ago when I was going through a particularly difficult time. Recently I recognized the need for help again and I didn't hesitate to reach out to Dr. Potasznik. It was like I never left. There's an immediate rapport. He has a very subtle but effective way of exploring and understanding the issues and in a way that is sensitive but not coddling. In turn he has helped me to not only recognize and understand my thoughts and feelings and patterns of behaviour but also how to make positive steps forward. There's no hocus pocus - there's thoughtful conversation and insight and often some 'homework' which I always appreciate because in doing my homework I have an even greater sense of being an active participant in the process and it always leads to further reflection and insight. Should I need help again in the future I would not hesitate at all to reach out to Dr. Potasznik.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2019

Harry has been transformational for me as I woke up from an abusive relationship (physical, emotional, financial) where traditional gender roles are reversed. I learned about things like limits, boundaries, whats my responsibility, what's not, what I should feel justified guilt for, what I shouldn't. What is reality, what is normal, not normal, helped validate my experiences in my marriage. Ultimately when he saw that I wasn't taking things seriously enough and standing up for myself and the truth, he really went out of his way beyond just regular appointments to make sure I stand up for my own rights as a human being. I'm forever grateful and look forward to each time I meet with him. He's also very professional and organized.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2019

I had met Dr. P to help deal with 8 years of anxiety and depression. After seeing countless psychologists I had given up hope. Then I decided to see one more - Dr. P. Although there was clearly not much in common between us for whatever reason he just understood me. After about a year of therapy I was for the first time in as long as I could remember feeling like my old self again. His approach wasn’t what I was used to. There was no “read this journal, or breath this way”. It was more of a “what’s the problem, Where does it stem from, let’s figure out together on how to resolve it”. This was e years ago. Today my life has changed dramatically. I’m happier than ever and the past is behind me. I know I did this on my own, but that’s exactly what Dr. P taught me. How to take control. How to believe in myself again. Best Psycholist I’ve crossed paths with. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

Harry Potasznik's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Harry Potasznik has been a member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario since 1995. He began his own practice which is located in downtown Toronto and has been operating on his own for 24 years.

• English

• Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Anxiety